Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Honda Fit owners... Yaris haters

When boredom got the best of me I wandered onto a fit forum. I was a bit disappointed to see that there were probably 10 threads dedicated to hating on the yaris...

Anyone have any idea to why this is? It got to the point on the forum where fit owners were so upset over The yaris being the #1 subcompact in initial quality according to one reviewer ( I don't remeber which) that fit owners passed it off as Toyota paying off the reviewers....

So why all the tension from the Honda guys?

On a side note, I'm really glad that this forum is focused on the yaris and getting the best out of our cars rather than bashing the competitors...
Old 08-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
a thread like this = stupidity. where do you think it will lead, and how long before fit guys are here shitting all voer the place?

IBTL
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I'm actually on FF.net, mainly to check out the photos, but chime in once-in-a-while. A specific car forum is just that. Specific to its car. There are many members here that'll bash the Fit and say that the Yaris is the best. Both cars are great, and they have their perspective buyers. My family has always been into Toyotas, so for my first car that I'm actually paying for, I decided to stick to Toyotas. hahaha.

Don't let the bashing get to you.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Vang

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
welcome to the intarwebz
Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
a thread like this = stupidity. where do you think it will lead, and how long before fit guys are here shitting all voer the place?

IBTL
I made the thread out of pure curiosity. I honestly have no intentions on creating a debate or argument.
After all I do like the fit...

If the thread is inappropriate to you guys I have no problem with it being removed. The last thing I wanna do is step on any toes here.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
tuckevalastin

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Exactly what a Fit owner would say if they visited Yarisworld and searched for threads containing the Fit.

Forums based on certain models are infamous for being completely biased to that model no matter how unfair or unrealistic they are to other models.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
this discussion has been done here before, is all ;) do a search?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckevalastin View Post
Forums based on certain models are infamous for being completely biased to that model no matter how unfair or unrealistic they are to other models.
Probably very true. I could bash if I wanted to (trust me on this), but the reality of it all is that there are just strong preferences I have that make the Yaris the best fit for me (did I just say that??). Other folks like certain other things in their cars...that is there right.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Me, I'd take, in no particular order, Yaris, GD3 Fit, Swift, Colt, Cappuccino (haha, Kai cars), among others.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I wish the US Yaris had the hidden storage on the rear seats and steering wheel mounted audio controls.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
gokartride

My last car had all the gadgets....my Yaris suit me better, and I even skipped power windows/locks!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
what's with the hate?? =)
Old 08-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
gokartride

It probably has nothing to do with the Fit or the Yaris.....there is just no lack of haters on the interwebz.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

No hating from me. hehe.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
When boredom got the best of me I wandered onto a fit forum. I was a bit disappointed to see that there were probably 10 threads dedicated to hating on the yaris...

Anyone have any idea to why this is? It got to the point on the forum where fit owners were so upset over The yaris being the #1 subcompact in initial quality according to one reviewer ( I don't remeber which) that fit owners passed it off as Toyota paying off the reviewers....

So why all the tension from the Honda guys?

On a side note, I'm really glad that this forum is focused on the yaris and getting the best out of our cars rather than bashing the competitors...

Hmmm... no, I think we do a fair amount of bashing here too

The Honda FIT is supposed to be slightly superior. I drove it and I loved it. Noticeable difference for me (on a manual transmission fit sport) were : acceleration (much better on the FIT) and intuitive shifting gears (not so on my manual Yaris). The interior is slightly more sophisticated overall. I'm comparing a 2007 Yaris and a 2007 FIT actually.

I still went with the Yaris because I think it's a better value in terms of quality/price ratio. I still think our Yaris is slightly underpowered to be the perfect car but that's why we get the great gas mileage.

I was never in love with the interior of the FIT (or the exterior for that matter) which reminded me of a mini-bus / family car. I just wanted a car for a single person with room to put stuff in the back and give a ride to a couple of friends now and then. The Yaris is perfect and fits most of my needs, so I left the Honda on the lot even though I loved the driving experience, and pocketed the diffence

Don't worry about it and let them rant. They paid more money for their wheels so they're allowed to rant. Don't sweat it.

PS. I've owned Hondas all my life and I love them. Toyotas are equally good IMO. But if Honda had continued making Civic hatchbacks and cars like the CRX, I would have continued buying them but they didn't, and Honda didn't come up with an entry level car like the Yaris for the US market, so Toyota got all the young people buying their first car, all the people caring about gas economy, affordability and quality. This is my first Toyota. I also love the Toyota Matrix and I would love a Tacoma some day. No hate for either brand from me.

Last edited by tomato; 08-04-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
It isn't the Fit part. Its the HONDA part. Honda forums are notoriously... notorious. I'll leave it at that.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
I made the thread out of pure curiosity. I honestly have no intentions on creating a debate or argument.
After all I do like the fit...

If the thread is inappropriate to you guys I have no problem with it being removed. The last thing I wanna do is step on any toes here.
You didn't! Some of the people having problems with this thread need to go have a drink (I'm being diplomatic ;) and come back when they feel better . Yes there were other threads but people bitch when you resurect old threads and then other people bitch when you create a new one.

Peace

PS> I love the FIT too. Actually, to be honest, I love CARS. I don't know anything about what's going on under the hood, but I love driving. So I like many cars, including Hondas and all kinds of other cars. If that makes me a bad Yaris forum member, so be it
Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #18
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
sibling rivalry
Closed Thread