Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
yaris edd

Drives: yaris s 1.0
yaris supercharger info

hi new here form the uk :) i drive a 2001 yaris sr with a 1nz-fe engine and gearbox swap. bought a jimzee supercharger and wondering about what else i should buy to run it? forged rods? pistons? alos what standalone ecu should i buy any one using a megasquirt? they dont seem too expensive i cant get a link g4 storm to the uk for some reason plus they are 1100 pound. any help would be great. cheers edd
yaris edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Pretty much any supercharger for the 1nz will not require forged internals. You can run 8 - psi of boost safely as a daily driver for years as long as you aren't beating the piss out of it all the time. As for management we could help better if we know if you will be tuning or if you will have a shop do so? If a shop is doing it we would need to know what piggyback units are "supported" by shops in your neck of the woods.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
yaris edd

Drives: yaris s 1.0
cheers for the info. i have a friend that will be doing the mapping and fitting he recommended a mega squirt as he has used them before. but the thing im worried about is the supercharger i have has killed about 5 1nz-fe in the uk already. but that was on piggy backs and them losing their map. i dont want to risk it and want a standalone so its mapped right. not too sure on psi's but my mate is running a greddy charger on his yaris n running about 0.4-0.5 bar of boost and is on a standalone and had it running perfect for over a year now.
yaris edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
USCGMKCM

Drives: 2 each, 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Anybody out there have experience with the Blitz supercharger they sell for the Yaris 1.5? I am considering one but trying to get as much info as possible.
USCGMKCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGMKCM View Post
Anybody out there have experience with the Blitz supercharger they sell for the Yaris 1.5? I am considering one but trying to get as much info as possible.
There are many threads on here about them (do a search for "Blitz"). I installed one on my 09 Yaris two years ago and still love it. The Blitz kit is designed to be run on an otherwise stock Vitz/Yaris, so if you have any other performance mods (cold air intake, exhaust header, etc.) you will find that it will run lean. The solution to that is to either run slightly larger injectors or some form of fuel management (AEM F/IC, etc.)

Tags
ecu, forged, standalone, supercharger