Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
Yarison Ford

Drives: 2009 Yaris
New here and just got a 2009 Yaris!

Greetings I’m new here
Just picked up this 2009 1.5 L manual 3 door Yaris with 190K. It’s been owned by the same person for the last 12 years and they’ve taken great care of it serviced at the dealership. Super clean inside and out new tires. I paid $2300. What do you all think? Any advice about the 2009 range and how to keep them running for many years to come? Cheers!
Attached Images

Yarison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:51 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Congrats, love your forum name!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
$2300 Great bye and good luck with it!

How are the motor mounts? How are the spark plugs and air filter? If it were mine I would bleed the clutch cylinder yearly.

Time to check all the brake pads and renew if necessary.

After that just drive it!
Old 06-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #4
Saarijason
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 09
I have a 2009 yaris and trying to install a keyless enter
remote. I got it hook up but it will not unlock the door unless the driver side is unlock. The unit is wire in at the center unlock button it was removed and the keyless entry innstall. Any one can help figuring out how to by past this safety features
Saarijason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:35 AM   #5
Yarison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Congrats, love your forum name!
Thanks cheers!
Old 06-20-2021, 07:38 AM   #6
Yarison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
$2300 Great bye and good luck with it!

How are the motor mounts? How are the spark plugs and air filter? If it were mine I would bleed the clutch cylinder yearly.

Time to check all the brake pads and renew if necessary.

After that just drive it!
Thank you this is very helpful! I’m definitely going to do some of these myself or otherwise send it to my mechanic. Especially the clutch cylinder and break pads. Plugs seem good. Just did air filters. I’m not sure where the motor mounts are. Could you enlighten me?
Thanks mate cheers!
Old 06-20-2021, 10:17 AM   #7
bronsin

Remove the fake plastic valve cover and grab the metal valve cover underneath it. Try to give it a good shake. If it moves new Mounts are in order.

With the engine running you can also Revit up and down and see if the engine moves a lot.

Good luck and I wish I had my old 2009 three door hatchback I gave my son!
Old 06-20-2021, 04:15 PM   #8
Yarison Ford

Quote:
Remove the fake plastic valve cover and grab the metal valve cover underneath it. Try to give it a good shake. If it moves new Mounts are in order.

With the engine running you can also Revit up and down and see if the engine moves a lot.

Good luck and I wish I had my old 2009 three door hatchback I gave my son!
Did as you advised and it’s all good! Thanks for that. Now onto bleeding the clutch I might have my mechanic do it I’m not sure how hard it is or accessible. I’m probably going to have him do the brake pads as well. I’m new to working on Yaris but I do have experience working on older Toyota trucks.
Old 06-20-2021, 04:22 PM   #9
Yarison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarijason View Post
I have a 2009 yaris and trying to install a keyless enter
remote. I got it hook up but it will not unlock the door unless the driver side is unlock. The unit is wire in at the center unlock button it was removed and the keyless entry innstall. Any one can help figuring out how to by past this safety features
Very interesting endeavor! I personally do not have experience with electric door locks but I understand why you may want to add one to the Yaris mine has crank windows and no power locks. Also need to manually lock the trunk. But all in all I’m kind of enjoying the simplistic Zen of this car. No need to worry about an electric window that won’t go up or water getting in an electric lock etc. i’m new to this Yaris experience but so far I am liking the minimalistic Zen monk vibe that it has going on. That’s just me though
However I wish you Good luck on the keyless entry install cheers
Old 06-25-2021, 08:40 AM   #10
Yarison Ford

I’m loving this Car!!!
Old 06-25-2021, 03:05 PM   #11
bronsin

It’s a very practical car. It’s very easy to get in and out of and sits higher up in the air and most cars. It also has the four-speed automatic transmission which is more robust than the CVT transmissions currently offered in cars the size

If it needs a little work done at some point I would go for it. Used cars are very expensive these days and you got this one for cheap! I’ll be it it has 200,000 miles on it
Old 06-25-2021, 05:53 PM   #12
Yarison Ford

Quote:
It’s a very practical car. It’s very easy to get in and out of and sits higher up in the air and most cars. It also has the four-speed automatic transmission which is more robust than the CVT transmissions currently offered in cars the size

If it needs a little work done at some point I would go for it. Used cars are very expensive these days and you got this one for cheap! I’ll be it it has 200,000 miles on it
Yes sir couldn’t agree more and it so fun to drive! I took it to my mechanic to give it a check over and he said it’s in Primo condition couldn’t find one thing wrong with it. It’s got new brakes and a new exhaust I couldn’t believe the condition of the bottom once he got it up on the lift. I live in the Northeast and there is barely any rust.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #13
sunil808
I've made a post!

Drives: jeep
this is really good car
sunil808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 yaris