Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #19
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
It isn't the Fit part. Its the HONDA part. Honda forums are notoriously... notorious. I'll leave it at that.
^^ Well said . I like the fit and have checked out "fitfreak" a few time and there are some really nice "stanced" and "jdm" fits on the forum . I got a yaris to be different , everyone has a honda and its just kinda "blah" imo . I've also had both of my hondas stolen so i'm not really tring to feel that pain again It just come down to interweb haters, bottom line...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #20
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
I agree w/ Charles....^^^

BUT do realize not ALL honda peeps are haters. My friend w/ a s2000 track ready gives me props for my little Vitz as well as a random Accord guy i met w/ a fixed up 2001 coupe~

I dont like Fit for several reasons, but i keep my mouth shut (thats why i have my sig do all the talking lol)...

And tomato, you're a good yaris forum member :)
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gener...ris-owner.html
Old 08-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #22
weedtank
I need more stars

Drives: Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
attention whore
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #23
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I agree w/ Charles....^^^

And tomato, you're a good yaris forum member :)

Aww, that's real sweet, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
You traded your Matrix xrs for the Yaris? wow. IMO the Matrix XRS is a really cool car., and I was really tempted to do the opposite trade in the first 6 weeks I owned the Yaris. I've settled down, now Hope you don't miss your Matrix too much.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #24
cab0053

Drives: MKIVjetta=lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
a thread like this = stupidity. where do you think it will lead, and how long before fit guys are here shitting all voer the place?

IBTL
::shits::

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I wish the US Yaris had the hidden storage on the rear seats and steering wheel mounted audio controls.
that rear storage really only hold the car's manual or a first aid kit. and the steering wheel mounted controls are only for the navi version which is $1800 more than the sport. (comes with a navi w/o bt and sat radio and vsa... thats it)

I actually came here cause I read the barber's post at ff and wanted to see some modded yarises... yarii... yarisis? what is the pural?
Fitless Crew #1
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
So you own a Fit? Anywho, welcome to YW. hahaha, how every you want to say the plural. I like to say Yarii tho.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #26
cab0053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
So you own a Fit? Anywho, welcome to YW. hahaha, how every you want to say the plural. I like to say Yarii tho.
no... I started the fitless crew awhile ago, not financially stable enough to purchase a new vehicle, even its a econobox

I was just looking at pics and someone else asked the same question about the pural
Fitless Crew #1
Old 08-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #27
Kaotic Lazagna

Oh, hahahaha. What kind of Jetta do you have? TDI, 1.8T, etc? You can always sell it and get an econobox, hehehe.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #28
cab0053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Oh, hahahaha. What kind of Jetta do you have? TDI, 1.8T, etc? You can always sell it and get an econobox, hehehe.
ha, I wish. 2003 2.0 lameness. 115hp at the engine but only 22-28mpg with 32 solid hwy which is a lose-lose deal. I can handle the low hp but want 10 more mpg or the mpg with 100 more hp.

I owe $700 more than private party and $3000ish more for trade in.
and it's all its wires are corroding. but i have plans...
Fitless Crew #1
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #29
Kaotic Lazagna

hahah, I had an MKIII GTI 2.0, so I know what you mean. hahaha.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #30
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
I find this so funny, it reminds me of all my friends(all own honda civics). They all gave me crap for buying a yaris and not a fit. They even hated when I had a 350z. I think it's just the love of a honda. I personally love honda but find everything overpriced for what I want out of a car. I would choose the 4dr fit over the 4dr yaris any day of the week for looks but I think the 3dr or the sedan look better imo. Again stating it's all based on opinion. I even drove an 05 si hatch and hated how it felt compared to the yaris.

I feel the fit finds a special place in my heart and should with every mico car lover out there. Same goes for the yaris, and honestly the fit has more to offer in luxary than the yaris does. Unless you were one of the lucky few who got a yaris with an auto package and especially with an s version. You would think the yaris would come standard with auto windows and locks and a tach, rofl.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #31
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Moderation plays a part, and generally I think as a forum we lean towards acceptance of the virtues of all subcompacts, acknowledging that we chose the Yaris for certain reasons, but respect others' choices...

I don't pay attention to other forums' opinions about the Yaris, or other drivers whom will give a smirk at the sight of my modded Yaris; I can't blame them for it, and I bet if we had a conversation about it they might become enlightened...

If I could, I'd have a subcompact garage, with a Yaris, a Fit, a 1st Gen xB, a Cube, and maybe even a Fiesta...

Cheers

jealous?

SHWING!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #32
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
I want so much to like the Fit... Good reviews, and better standard features... But all I can see is minivan. The windshield seems too be at an awkward angle, the back end is flat, the nose is so long, and the body work is all flat... It just isn't a good looking car to me. Sometimes after I get out of my Yaris, I find myself looking back at it, admiring how pretty it is... I'm not trying to bash Fit owners in any way, but I just don't see how they can admire it so much...
Attached Images

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
Old 08-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #33
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Yeah, a slightly sporty subcompact that looks like a mini-van, gets fewer MPG and costs more. Where does that line start?

If I was going to overpay for a subcompact, I'd consider a mini cooper. And then I would be dreaming about a Boxter. Then I'd come back down to earth and start considering a Solstice (man you can find some deals on those these days). Then I'd realize that I have more cargo capacity on my Harley (with two passengers), and I'd go right back to the Yaris :)
Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #34
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
You traded your Matrix xrs for the Yaris? wow. IMO the Matrix XRS is a really cool car., and I was really tempted to do the opposite trade in the first 6 weeks I owned the Yaris. I've settled down, now Hope you don't miss your Matrix too much.
had lots of problems w/ my xrs...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #35
thebarber
daily driver

ever tried posting something non-toyota on this website?! like my chevwooo000!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #36
wornways

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Stickshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
When boredom got the best of me I wandered onto a fit forum. I was a bit disappointed to see that there were probably 10 threads dedicated to hating on the yaris...

Anyone have any idea to why this is? It got to the point on the forum where fit owners were so upset over The yaris being the #1 subcompact in initial quality according to one reviewer ( I don't remeber which) that fit owners passed it off as Toyota paying off the reviewers....

So why all the tension from the Honda guys?

On a side note, I'm really glad that this forum is focused on the yaris and getting the best out of our cars rather than bashing the competitors...
It has to do with self-identity. Immature lemmings who use material possessions to establish their sense of identity are almost always driven to feel harsh animosity toward any strong opposing presence that seems in some way undermine that sense of identity.
Closed Thread