Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #37
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
I have definite reasons why I did not want a Fit, and definite reason why I chose a Yaris. Now, how to talk about those??? Not sure it is even possible w/o coming off as a hater, even it my intentions are otherwise. As soon as you start down that road, as soon as distinctions start getting made, someone somewhere is going to be offended and (generally) the whole thing unravels from there. Now, there are certainly diplomatic terms and non-diplomatic terms, true, but some will appreciate these and some will not. It's too bad really, as the distinctions that guide our choices are very real and potentially useful for future owners.

I wanted a two-door hatch and like Yaris styling and manuverability (small turning radius).
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #38
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
I HATE Fits! Stupid Nintendo and their stupid Wii! Makes me feel lazy and fat. My Wii Fit character is rather round compared to how I look. I find this to be insulting. So, yes, I hate Fit!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #39
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wornways View Post
It has to do with self-identity. Immature lemmings who use material possessions to establish their sense of identity are almost always driven to feel harsh animosity toward any strong opposing presence that seems in some way undermine that sense of identity.
WOW! I think you've nailed it! I don't think it could be put any better than that.

Of course that's exactly the idea a companies marketing dept is there to feed! Well said!

R2
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

Old 08-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #40
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
I really dig the Fit, I'm actually actively looking for one.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #41
SailDesign

Drives: .
I have the Yar, and am on my second one now - my daughter has the Fit. It's a fun car, but I liked the price adn the styling on the Yaris better. She didn't.
I've owned Toys and Hondas in equal number, and wouldn't mind either. If the Yaris hadn't been available, I would have bought a 2nd-hand Honda of some sort.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #42
cab0053

Drives: MKIVjetta=lame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
I want so much to like the Fit... Good reviews, and better standard features... But all I can see is minivan. The windshield seems too be at an awkward angle, the back end is flat, the nose is so long, and the body work is all flat... It just isn't a good looking car to me. Sometimes after I get out of my Yaris, I find myself looking back at it, admiring how pretty it is... I'm not trying to bash Fit owners in any way, but I just don't see how they can admire it so much...
a quick note on the nose, that is a usdm fit. NA wouldn't pass the jdm due to its very small nose wouldn't pass crash tests. they ended up elongating from the base of the windshield to the nose (not the windshield itself, honda made it that funny 'long' angle to make the a pillar windows bigger) and it sucks bc jdm headlights, hoods and body kits won't fit udsm ones
Fitless Crew #1
Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #43
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
Just so this remains equal opportunity bashing, I like restrained Yaris styling over the MINI, too!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #44
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Bashing wasn't my purpose!

I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!

:p
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #45
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0053 View Post
it sucks bc jdm headlights, hoods and body kits won't fit udsm ones
same story w/ the yaris

there was a nice article in the first Siphon mag about that stuff....NADM bumpers ftL! i blame all the ppl driving SUV's
Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #46
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
wow i looked at pictures at the fit profile with both usdm and jdm fits...the usdm is waayy longer and the headlights on usdm seem a tad lower also..ew. They really messed that car up here. at least with yaris a simple bumper change (maybe some inner plastic change/bumper support) and only a bumper change make makes the front end jdm. I think. unless you want stock hid's.i still love the fit alot though, over here, there are a few modded fits, but they laugh at my yaris, lol. must be my fake mugen rims. :P
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #47
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Again, it's all about preference. I know there are members in FF.net that will say the same about how we admire our Yarii so much. That's their opinions.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #48
johnnypaseo

Drives: Toyota paseo
Stop the hate and lets have a Yaris and fit orgy
Old 08-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #49
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Since my original purchase decision was between the Fit and the Yaris, and in the end just came down to price, I'm a big fan of both.

I hang around Fit Freak as much as I do here, and really there's only a few comments thrown in here or there about how ridiculous it is (in referring to the Yaris) to spend money on an "economy car".

It's really just the same stuff you hear from the general populace, so you should be used to it if you're modifying your Yaris.

I don't get it because small cars need to stick together because a great percent of the car crowd don't see the appeal or the potential in our cars. So I extend this open invitation to current and future Fit owners:

Lets hate the Nissan Versa together!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #50
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

Lets hate the Nissan Versa together!

YES!! God i hated driving that car. lol. Kinda big for a small car too.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #51
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
hmm well over here we have had meets together with both fit & versa.. heck, my friend who i met at a meet in san diego, has a sexy fit.. heres some pix
http://shiftr.com/index.php?option=c...-car&Itemid=71

oh yea, and theres a small pic of it in import tuner from the eibach meet too...

there can be a bond between all of us who drive compact cars... MPG IS THE NEW HP

Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #52
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
YES!! God i hated driving that car. lol. Kinda big for a small car too.
And ugly too! (God the sedan looks terrible!)

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #53
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Versa's are okay in my book. They look good modded.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #54
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
love the 6spd in the versa

don't like the non-even-close-to-flat-folding rear seats