Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #73
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
and i wish everyone would understand...if the yaris had a 6th gear, it wouldnt have much lower rpm's on the hwy. all the other gears would just be closer together. the versa 6 speed is at just over 3000 rpm's at 70 mph, about the same as the yaris in 5th gear.
While that may be what they do with the Versa, a nice tall 6th gear to lower my highway RPMs is exactly what would make the Yaris perfect in my eyes. That and a standard RPM gauge for MTs. And a 1.0 litre or diesel option.

A wish list is a wish list.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #74
Chrsto4

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 5-dr HB Black
No hate...

I own both a Fit Sport and a Yaris RS Hatchback and I have to say I am glad my Wife loves the Honda because I really LOVE my Yaris and am so not looking to anything else for quite some time.

I think the Fit folk just have Yaris envy.

Cheers.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:16 AM   #75
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
The Mugen rear under spoiler looks really nice on the new Fit.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #76
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
I got my Yaris because it got a couple more MPG than the Fit. Plus the three extra storage areas in the dash are a nice touch that the Fit could not match. Saving money is always fun too. If I had kids I would have picked the Fit over the Yaris 3 door liftback. Now that Toyota has corrected that problem, it's Yaris all the way.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #77
red_rims
Black Yaris

Drives: Black Yaris
The fit is a nice car im not going to lie. It came with standard front and side airbag from what i remembered. It also came standard with a cd player and cruise control. The problem with the fit is that too many people have the fit where i live and its not as sexy as my 3 dr yaris.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #78
IsLNdbOi

Sorry for bumping a month old thread, but I'm seriously suffering from Fit envy.

Went to a Honda dealer yesterday (my bro. is looking for a new car) and got a chance to sit in a white Fit Sport w/ all options including the Mugen body kit w/ matching Mugen dual exhaust. The interior is so nice and much more refined compared to the Yaris LB interior. The steering wheel is awesome, especially with all the audio and bluetooth controls and steering column / wheel mounted paddle shifters. With the Yaris, I absolutely have to have a steering wheel cover on, but with the Fit I wouldn't need one. Yes, it had a $22k sticker price, but I would have gladly paid that for it had I been looking for a new car.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:17 AM   #79
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
I have parked beside Fits and looked at them side by side with the Yaris. Theyare nice, but no nicer. I certainly would not drop 22 grand on a fit when a Yaris can be had for under 12K.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #80
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
^+1

I test drove a Fit. Really didn't like the thing... Yeah sure all the fancy gadgets and electronics on the interior are nice to have... But is it something you NEED? Probably not. We've been getting along fine without that stuff for how many years now? I think we'll manage to survive without it.

Besides, if I'm gonna drop some $22k on a car, I'll be damned sure I'm getting a TDI or other diesel car instead of a subcompact.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #81
IsLNdbOi

Just stating my opinion. The Fit I was looking at was definitely a $22k car. It had the features and options / upgrades of a $22k car.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #82
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

To each his own, and if you like it well and good, but some of us buy drive train and engineering, not features and upgrades. For 22k I got a Yaris, with an optional new Tacoma.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #83
IsLNdbOi

Yes, to each his own, but some of us buy refinement and engineering. For 22k, I'd get this Fit.

This is a Yaris forum though so these are the kinds of responses I was expecting.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #84
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

For 22k you can buy a lot more refinement as well. Put bluntly then no Fit is worth 22k. Nor is any Yaris still on a dealers lot worth that much for that matter. The people at a Honda forum would tell you to buy a well optioned Civic. I would be looking at Corollas myself, or wondering if I dared to place a bet on a new Mini M. Kindly stopspeaking disparagingly of our forum, as no one is forcing you to comment here.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #85
IsLNdbOi

"Worth" is subjective. I don't like how the Civic looks so I wouldn't spend 22k on it. I do like how the Fit looks and with all the upgrades and options (like the one I saw at the dealer), I would spend 22k on it.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #86
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Subjective is subjective. If you would chose to spend your money on a relatively inexpensive, simply engineered, unadvanced vehicle with over priced adornments, so be it.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #87
IsLNdbOi

Hmmm... Resorting to personal attacks now? I expected better from YarisWorld.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #88
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

I really don't know you are talking about. Are you taking my opinion of a vehicle, courteously stated, as a personal attack ? I suspect you must be quite sensitive, most likely overly so.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #89
JohnnoEH

Drives: 64 Holden 82 Stanza 07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I love just about anything with four wheels, especially the small cars (as you well know). I will, however, never understand the closed mindedness of some people with regards to other cars. I realize a lot of people are loyal to their respective brands, but I don't get why people demonize the owners of those cars, or the cars themselves. Granted, there are certain makes and models that I would not buy, but I understand some cars are not for all people. Yes, certain forums have more members that are a bit, how shall we say, "abrasive," but you've got to ignore those folks; at least that's what I do.

I wish that some people had a bit more respect, but that goes for just about everything, not just car forums.

However, with cars and forums, we're all auto enthusiasts. No matter if it's a V-8 or a four cylinder; an import or domestic; Honda or Toyota—we all love cars.

God to see there are others out there that share my exact same views on cars.

Although, I can't think of a single manufacturer that I wouldn't buy a car off. OK, maybe Tata or G-Wiz; but that's because of what they sell, not the badge. And I guess because neither are sold in Australia.

As for the Tiida (what they call the Versa out here), well I don't like them but they are much better than the Micra... Personally, I wouldn't buy a new Nissan; I've always been a Datsun man, always will be.

Really, though, these days it's hard to go wrong with any new Japanese car if you do your research and shop around.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #90
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
I really don't know you are talking about. Are you taking my opinion of a vehicle, courteously stated, as a personal attack ? I suspect you must be quite sensitive, most likely overly so.

I see you changed your reply from this:
Quote:
sucka
to this:

Quote:
Subjective is subjective. If you would chose to spend your money on a relatively inexpensive, simply engineered, unadvanced vehicle with over priced adornments, so be it.

So what do you mean by "I really don't know what you are talking about"? I still have the topic reply notification from that post if anyone wants confirmation that you really did post that.
Closed Thread