Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #181
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
understandable, however....it's better to buy one good part than two shity ones and still end up with the same problem and have spent what would of cost you for one good part to begin with.

You never know what your getting from Ebay. Better to save for an extra week or two and up with the right stuff.

Tial MVS waste gate 249.00 Small amount to pay for the price of your motor knowing your not going to have issues.

I know were not all made of money and neither am I so don't think I'm going for that angle.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #182
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
You have to understand that he is on a budget and Tial wastegates aren't cheap.

We all wish we have all the money like you spent on your Xb !
Yes thats true, I'm kinda broke as a joke right now. And Parmas I am intrested in your injectors and I will let U now when I have some more dollars,rubles,euro's or yen. I need to get that aem fic first to see what duty cycle my injectors are runing at first.
I installed my turbo heat sheild yesterday. It was a little difficult to wrap around a turbo with a internal wastegate. I have more sharp edges. I got it wraped and it does not interfere with the wastegate. It does not look pretty and I have some more work to do around the manafold. I gotta say this stuff works great though. Cooled temps down a lot. I finally installed my wipers and windsheild cowl. Its warm under the hood but not like the oven it was before. Also I carry a fire extinguisher in the car now for safety. The heat sheild did not smoke at all, good stuff. though.http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/hp_armor.php
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0713.jpg (163.4 KB, 245 views)
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #183
xbgod
Banned

I'm not sure when you need injectors by. But I'm out of country right now and will be home in mid OCT. I have a set of 380cc Precision injectors I'm not useing, there just taking up space in my garage. If you can wait till I get home there yours. You pick up the freight though.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #184
xbgod
Banned

That means FREE..........no rubbles, pasos, euro, dinar....ect. I don't mind helping a brother out when I have extra.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #185
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
That means FREE..........no rubbles, pasos, euro, dinar....ect. I don't mind helping a brother out when I have extra.

XBG
Wow. Sweet ride and a super nice guy. The world needs more of you, sir.

Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #186
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Pimp: I just noticed from the last pic you posted that you W/G has an adjustable rod. Have to tried to turn down your boost with that? Also I have the 1ZZ injectors on my car which are 240cc & my car runs very rich. This of course without correction from the AEM FIC. IMO & experience any injector larger than that is not necessary for our HP/boost level & also with be difficult to tune due to it being so big.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #187
xbgod
Banned

The AEM unit will handle a 380cc injector. I used these injectors on a 14g turbo with no issues. Just do the smart thing and have a reliable tunner tune your car.

These are Precision turbo injectors that are port matched. That means they all flow the same. Be sure to run a 255l hr. walboro pump as well.

Between these injectors and a walboro pump you have plenty of room to grow without the fear of running lean.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #188
cdydjded

XBG: Did you know that the Yaris runs a returnless fuel system?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #189
xbgod
Banned

One more thing, if that turbo dosen't work out for you...let me know I have a like new Greddy 14G turbo in a box at home. I had a new impeller and shaft put in it and had it freshened up for later on down the line incase I found use for it. But I'd let it go cheap for someone in need. Like 400.00....Hell I'll even give you the Greddy exhaust manifold that is jet-hot coated black with it.

Keep me posted. Let me know if you want the injectors or need help with something else. I got more shit laying around from T/E than you can imagine. I even have a Blitz S/C in a box. So hit me up if you need something or advice.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #190
xbgod
Banned

Yah...so does the XB. But that's not a problem. Do what I did run a regulator put a fuel bung in your tank and make it return. It's to easy! Think outside the box

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #191
xbgod
Banned

Of course you will need a new fuel rail to make it return. Call Perrin Performance. Yes I know, they don't make them no more. Bullshit, they have a box of them on the floor in brushed aluminum with no fuel line hooked to them. They will garage sell them for 110.00 and all you do is get a piece of #6 line and your golden. Or call OBX for that knock-off one.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #192
cdydjded

K just making sure....
Old 09-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #193
xbgod
Banned

no problem.....If there's a will there's a way. Never settle for can't be done or thats impossible. Thats just someone else to afraid to do the unknown. Look at me 70mm T/B on a Weapon-R intake manifold. No one else has done it, but I did.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #194
cdydjded

Trust me Im with you, look & my profile, Im one of the few boosted Yaris here, I made the kit myself
Old 09-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #195
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post

XBG
Wow christmas in october. Yes please let me know. Thats about the time I plan on recieving my piggy back. Perfect. I will gladly pay U shipping.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #196
xbgod
Banned

no problem. just PM me your details and I'll ship them to you when I return to the house. I'll use my UPS account to send them so you can track them to your house.

XBG
Old 09-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #197
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
Pimp: I just noticed from the last pic you posted that you W/G has an adjustable rod. Have to tried to turn down your boost with that? Also I have the 1ZZ injectors on my car which are 240cc & my car runs very rich. This of course without correction from the AEM FIC. IMO & experience any injector larger than that is not necessary for our HP/boost level & also with be difficult to tune due to it being so big.
I have that rod adjusted just tight enough to close the wastegate with only a small amount of pull. Unfortunatly the spring tension is not adjustable. I think I am starting to figure out why it is so tight though. That spring U see in the picture that is pulling against the wastegate to open it sooner. The wastegate is opening at 3psi now. But boost still creeps up to 5psi at higher rpm. The turbo is small and the wastegate hole is very small. I think at such low psi the wastegate is not very effective because their isn't much load on the turbo [ie: its not pumping much air]. Once I get fuel ratio under control I would like to run about 7-8psi. Then I think I can avoid the boost creep.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #198
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Total spent so far 1680$ Recent purchases: AEM wideband, various oil and coolant line fittings and some hose for coolant lines.