Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2023, 08:39 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
2011 Lexus IS 250 C

The C is for convertible and it’s a hard top convertible. Not made anymore. The 250 is for 2.5 L V6. Did you know there’s no such company as Lexus? It’s made by Toyota. It’s been serviced by the Lexus dealer all its life and it only has 60,000 miles on it. New Lexus battery. Cosmetically flawless except for some curb rash on some of the wheels. All the maintenance is done spark plugs at 60,000 miles along with the air filter. It has a lousy replaceable element with a filter however at least the cap is metal not plastic like a Toyota. I have a spare metal cap so when you change the oil at least you can put the old one in a plastic bag to clean later install a new element in the spare metal one.

If you are interested ping me for pictures.

Price negotiable. Blue book says $16-$18,000. Everything is like new except for the slightly Rashed wheels.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:27 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Didn't you just buy this? What happened?
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 10:35 PM   #3
bronsin

Yes. I drove it 500 miles from Philly down I81 to the Virginia Tennessee border. In about 10 hours. Everything was fine. I got a motel room and in the middle of the night I got horrible pain in my legs. I couldn’t move my feet relative to my legs. Everything was horribly stiff and Ridged. Complications from Parkinson’s. I think the leg forward seating position of the Lexus was responsible. I’ve had the same sort of thing happened a couple of times the past few years. You just sit on the edge of the bed and after an hour or two it goes away. My Yaris had a chair like seating position which was much better for me. In the past riding in other cars with my legs forward from the seat would give terrible pain. But nothing like this.

So the next day I drove for 500 miles home. Strangely that night I had no issues at all! I was expecting the same thing when I went to bed after arriving home. I’ve had three different neurologists none of them can explain what’s going on.

So it’s for sale!
Old 04-20-2023, 12:17 AM   #4
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
posture pinch, i wonder if you could adjust the seats via risers etc to make it work for you
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:02 AM   #5
bronsin

What are risers?
Old 04-22-2023, 10:10 PM   #6
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
I would try adjusting the seat as shortlife suggests or maybe a back pillow or beaded seat cover or something before I would sell the car. The fact that you didn't have any issues on the return trip makes me think it may have just been a random occurrence and not necessarily related to the seat. Hope it works out for you whatever form that takes.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 07:44 AM   #7
bronsin

What did short life mean by risers? I don’t know What they are. Is it something you put under where the seat bolts to the car?

Unfortunately nearly the same thing happened when I drove the car in January 250 miles to upstate New York where I grew up. Everything was fine until I went to bed in and in the middle of the night I had two episodes of excruciating pain but just in my feet my legs were fine. But on the trip home, no problem at all that night.

Soon I will be making another trip up to Cobleskill in the Corolla. That has a much higher seating position. If I have pain on THAT trip that’ll Really be saying some thing.

Besides I may be stuck with the Lexus. People have expressed interest in text but nobody calls.