Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-24-2022, 06:04 AM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
How I got Parkinson’s

Michael J. Fox is famous for his Parkinson’s and the money he has spent to do research on it. They claim they don’t know what causes Parkinson’s. I know exactly how I got mine. Here’s how it happened.

I got Ingrown toenails on each big toe and I had surgery to repair it. It’s a gruesome bloody operation but you don’t feel a thing because they numb your toes with lidocaine. You don’t feel a thing but don’t look! They tell you to wear sandals and when they were done they Wrapped my toes with gauze and the blood soaked right through.

In the middle of the operation, someone in the next room over started screaming. I’ve never heard anyone scream so loud in my life. When my operation was over I walked into the waiting room with my bloody toes and sandals. The room was packed with people waiting to see the doctor. There was a look of absolute horror everyone’s Faces. They’d heard the screaming and they saw my toes and they were next!

Just a little comic relief!

I’ve had dental work with lidocaine and the next day the Block of wood feeling in my gums was all gone. But the day after my ingrown toenail operation my feet were still numb. The numb feeling would never go away. That was in 2001. I had to give up my echo with a manual transmission in 2007 because of pain in my left foot. Otherwise everything was normal. In 2013 I would have horrible pain in my hands if I torqued nuts and bolts with a torque wrench all day long at work.

To be continued

Last edited by bronsin; 11-25-2022 at 02:33 AM.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:38 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I also began to experience a lack of dexterity in my hands. Since my job involved working on circuit boards under a microscope on parts so small we called them fly shit This was a problem. I couldn’t do as much work anymore and some things I couldn’t do it all. The pain in my feet and hands I put down to a lack of water and would go for a drink at the water fountain. The pain was similar to a Charlie horse.

In July 2014 I sold my motorcycle Honda ST 1300. I didn’t have the ability to control it as well as I used to. I put this down to problems I was having with my back from a torn muscle that had healed in 1999.