Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
Toddhata

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback, 00 Boxster
Send a message via AIM to Toddhata Send a message via Yahoo to Toddhata
Ordered my liftback last night, questions...

I'm in the Los Angeles area, I used the Costco auto buying service and they gave me $500 over invoice, all other dealers within 100 miles that I've talked to wouldn't go below sticker, and that's if they had 1 on the lot, which most dealers don't.

I put a refundable deposit and placed the order, however some options weren't even available in my area. I figured if I was placing a custom order I could get any option Toyota offers, side air bags and fog lights weren't options on the toyota website for my area. I asked the salesman and he said if it's not on the website, I can't get it, doesn't that seem strange?

I got the liftback, auto, meteorite metallic, power package, alloys, keyless entry, spoiler, bumper protector, armrest.

Anyways, now for the 6 to 8 week wait, I'll just be buying accessories and stereo equipment until then.
Toddhata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Toddhata,

Way to go!

Is it a special order or one that's expected on the next boatload?

We also did the COSTCO deal, but I guess we lucked-out. The Fleet Manager found three Silver LBs - one of which was pretty much loaded - which were due in port (just 30 mins down the road in Portland) within 10 days. We took the loaded on. Probably didn't hurt we had bought a new 4Runner Sport V8 from him two months before.

The Yaris looks great, runs great - we are having a ball. Gets lots of looks, too.

Sounds like you did good. Now it's getting through 'the wait'.

Lou
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
Toddhata

It's a special order, so that's why I was wondering about the option availability. Guess I'll just try not get T-boned so I won't need the side airbags.

Seems like Southern California is a really hot market for high MPG cars, my gf had to order her Prius from a dealer in Chicago, got it cheaper including shipping, than buying one locally, the dealers here charge a premium for the hybrids, 2k over invoice at all the dealers I checked. No costco deals either.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Some more reasons to be glad we are ex-So CA residents!
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #5
Toddhata

Change of plans, just bough a liftback, auto, blazing blue pearl, power package with alloys, keyless entry. I found it in a local dealers inventory, emailed for a quote, got an offer of $500 over invoice, went in and an hour later I drove it home. Tomorrow I have to get my deposit back for the one I ordered on Monday from a different dealer.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
^^^^ DAMMM thats probably one of the 3 in the country that ive been trying to get the dealership to acquire....
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
Toddhata

Pictures of my upgrades

I've had my Yaris for 6 days now and did the following upgrades so far:

Window tint, mudguards, center armrest, sport shift knob, sport pedals, MB Quart components front and rear, wheel locks.

here's a link to more pictures

http://www.toddhata.com/cars/
Old 06-04-2006, 04:05 AM   #8
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
When the Yaris came over to America Toyota had a bunch of ptions such as the fog lights and the keyless entry which the dealer I am getting mine from said they cant get either one, but now if you notice on the Toyota website the options in the S Sedan are not even available now. I was a little puzzled as to why keyless entry was being a problem but who knows. I ordered an S and my "Order" is total bologna because I got calls almost everyday saying they had a regular sedan and I told them not to even bother me unless it was an S Sedan and recieved a call a week later and they said I had a Silver Streak in an S Sedan heading across the water.The option thing is kinda weird... The S only has one option combination package so oh well.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #9
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
from what i've been told the keyless entry/pwr windows options come like that from the factory in japan... the fog lights, alloys, etc are put on here when they arrive... my car is getting to houston,tx on the 14th and that's where they add all the options like radio, rims, etc... then it gets trucked to me here in Louisiana

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #10
bnorrish

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
MY local trusted dealer said there are 140 Yaris planned delivery for about 70 dealerships in the northeast for July. I scooped up the last one they were getting in June - a silver sedan. I paid sticker.
bnorrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:01 PM   #11
DJ_Trizzak

Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddhata
I've had my Yaris for 6 days now and did the following upgrades so far:

Window tint, mudguards, center armrest, sport shift knob, sport pedals, MB Quart components front and rear, wheel locks.

here's a link to more pictures

http://www.toddhata.com/cars/
dope - wat percent tint is that?
DJ_Trizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #12
Toddhata

20% rear, 35% front. I wonder how much of a target a Yaris would be for cops to pull over just for tint. Luckily I have a get out of jail free card from my LAPD friend.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 AM   #13
DJ_Trizzak

Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddhata
20% rear, 35% front. I wonder how much of a target a Yaris would be for cops to pull over just for tint. Luckily I have a get out of jail free card from my LAPD friend.

lols they have get out jail free card? LOL wtf -

how much did you pay for your tint?
DJ_Trizzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #14
Toddhata

$150 from this cheap place, they did an ok job, not the best quality, but not bad.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #15
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
I've lucked out on tint so far - my wife's Ion is tinted 10% rears, and 60% front AND windshield.. knock on wood, but 3+ years and no ticket yet. I think the 60% may be light enough they havn't bothered, but it's still enough to cut the edge off sun glare and headlights.. I'm thinking of doing the same with my Yaris but 5% on the rears. Cops main concern is that when the approach a vehical they can see what the driver is doing. I've learned from a few cops the best thing to do when pulled over is roll down the windows (hides the tint then too if they didn't notice yet ) and have your hands ontop of the steering wheel while they approach - if it's night turn on the dome light so they can see inside. It allows them to relax a bit and know what's going on inside, and they may be nicer then and let you off..
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #16
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
So exactly what did you pay?
Have a break down of the prices?

I just ordered one today...Love to know what you paid!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #17
Toddhata

$15340 out the door. auto, power package, alloy wheels, keyless entry, floor mats

MB Quart RCE 216 components front and rear $330
20% tint rear, 35% front $150
Rear Spoiler $168
Toyota parts: sport shift knob, sport pedals, mudgards, alloy wheel locks, center armrest $216
Alpine CDA-9857 with ipod connector and bluetooth phone unit $350
Kenwood KSC-SW1 subwoofer $150 (from previous car)
Fosgate 301X 4 channel amp $125 (from previous car)
edead sound deadening insullation, fully lined front doors and spare tire well, partially lined floor and rear door $35
misc parts and tools for installations $70

It's a $17k car now, thanks for making me add it up, this is my 2nd car just for commuting. But I can't stop modifying it, it's too fun.