Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
Smudge
Smudge

Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback/cp
On wait list, no vin as of yet...

I ordered a blazing blue liftback three weeks ago. I was given an ETA of 4 weeks. I called the dealership yesterday to get a vin number for the purpose of insuring the car and they have not yet called me with it. Does anyone know what it means to have a vin# in hand? At what point in the process does a dealership track it?
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
i got my vin today, but my car arrived at the dealership today... so they took it off the invoice... mine has taken 4 weeks, i dont think they get it till its on its way!! hope you get it soon
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #3
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I ordered a blazing blue liftback three weeks ago. I was given an ETA of 4 weeks. I called the dealership yesterday to get a vin number for the purpose of insuring the car and they have not yet called me with it. Does anyone know what it means to have a vin# in hand? At what point in the process does a dealership track it?
Dealers only get a partial VIN from what I am told. This allows them to track the car/truck from when it leaves, to loading on the ship, to off loading the ship, to then sorted for what dealership.

Once its "on the ground," the full VIN is given, and the dealer can then attach a "name" to the car/truck, and also then run any financing/payment numbers thru the system.

This is just what I have been told..
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote