Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #37
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
Well I have had my 5-speed hatch for a week now, and I know what this guy is talking about. I'm getting used to it, I should also mention I've never driven stick before.
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #38
twocvforme

Drives: Yaris Liftback ...Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris
I would like to agree with most other in this post... I think it is just the driver... I am 25 years old and have driven manual trans since my first car.... 15 cars later I have my Yaris.... yes, at first it was different, and I stalled out a few times, but as some one else stated it takes some getting used to with a drive by wire and a hydrolic clutch. I like most others was used to a cable clutch with a standard accelerator.... It just takes a bit of time to adjust to technology... and for the person who started this thread, just because the service manager stalled your car out the first time he/she drove it does not signify a problem... you may want to infest in some race driving classes :)

You have made a wonderful point..."you stalled a few times and takes some getting used to..." Considering you have just begun driving, a typical standard transmission is and should be fun and easy ....as most standards are. and you know from you past experience. We should not have such a long learning curve for any vehicle.
twocvforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #39
twocvforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Dick
In reality, this guy probably deserves the benefit of the doubt. He may have gotten a bad car from Toyota. Maybe his car *is* one of a very few that has issues... but the fact that he comes in here on his very first post and attempts to use this forum (and others) as his sounding board for his personal vendetta against Toyota should be a clue for those of us with common sense.

How many post do we need to make before we make an honest sincere one>???? Maybe we need a definition of FORUM...
Contructive Criticism and Vendetta...who knows..
Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #40
twocvforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyTofu
I think this topic name is VERY misleading. Why is this a safety issue when it's clearly something the source of the problem lies between the steering wheel and the seat? Or maybe the safety issue is the organic bit inside the car.
Misleading>??? Never..........If a vehicle stalls upon entering a busy intersection ...we all better call it a safety issue and let's not start talking side airbags..
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #41
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
Tell me about side airbags? Now that you've raised it, we're all curious. I'm all ears.

Btw, ever heard of the old saying, "a good tradesman never blames his tools"?

Also maybe book yourself into some driving lessons. Clearly you have not learnt to not enter a busy intersection when you clearly know you cannot meet the traffic flow based on your acceleration of the car. The car didn't force you to enter the busy intersection? Come on, you're a big boy now. Stop pretending to be 5 y.o. Take responsibility of your action. A Yaris does not (nor claims to be) a car that is fast. Learn, adapt or change it (be it sell it for a thirstier car or supercharging it).
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:02 PM   #42
twocvforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyTofu
Tell me about side airbags? Now that you've raised it, we're all curious. I'm all ears.

Btw, ever heard of the old saying, "a good tradesman never blames his tools"?

Also maybe book yourself into some driving lessons. Clearly you have not learnt to not enter a busy intersection when you clearly know you cannot meet the traffic flow based on your acceleration of the car. The car didn't force you to enter the busy intersection? Come on, you're a big boy now. Stop pretending to be 5 y.o. Take responsibility of your action. A Yaris does not (nor claims to be) a car that is fast. Learn, adapt or change it (be it sell it for a thirstier car or supercharging it).
Let's not waste any more words...you missed the point...
Old 10-09-2006, 11:11 PM   #43
SmellyTofu
好多人&

No really.. tell me... you seem to be an expert in this field and we clearly need to learn from you. It is after all, a SAFETY issue.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #44
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Or maybe you meant ... "(I haven't learnt how to drive a) Manual Transmission (properly).... Safety Issue!!! (so therefore I will blame my car)"

I'm sorry, was that rude or was the truth?

Old 10-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #45
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocvforme
Who has problems with clutch, gas and start off in first gear... ???

Yes, we can do it - but in comparison to the FIT and the Versa....The Yaris idle is so low and the clutch is so touchy.. and with a slight incline one stalls at times ..It's such a simple vehicle..........What a dissappointment.

Please test drive before buying..............

A real discussion topic in many other Yaris forums and many are trading already.........mostly for safety issues with stalling in intersections and or being rear ended..
what I don't understand about this guys complaints is why didn't he buy a honda or nissan instead of the yaris. Sounds like he test drove those. He probably should just trade in the manual for an automatic if he can't figure out how to work the manual.

I personally haven't had any problems at all with my manual yaris. So I'm not sure what he's having trouble with.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #46
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
learn how to drive.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #47
rocketxr7

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatchback
I would have to agree . That the clutch in the yaris takes some getting use to. I have stalled my Yaris more than any other Standard Shift car I have owned in the last 25 yrs.
Seems when I am not really paying close attention to what I am doing I stall it. I dont have this much problem in my 2001 Echo or any of the other Standard Shift cars I have in my house.

Some days I seem to stall it all the time other days I dont stall it at all.
rocketxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #48
Yaris Dick

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 06 VW GTI, 06 G6
Oh Jeez, what is this? The "Festival of First-Post Whiners?" Who wants to bet our friend is sending disgruntled buds from other forums here to whine? That... or he's registering multiple accounts. Oldest trick in the book.
Yaris Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #49
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
Bottom line is: Im not having the issue, Im happy with my car and there is no reason for me to return it...
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #50
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I think that posting things like this in an enthusiasts forum is not the best thing to do, isn't it? I mean, saying that the car we love is not safe, specially when most of the problem seems to be the driver not being able to adapt to the car...
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #51
rocketxr7

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Dick
Oh Jeez, what is this? The "Festival of First-Post Whiners?" Who wants to bet our friend is sending disgruntled buds from other forums here to whine? That... or he's registering multiple accounts. Oldest trick in the book.

Apparantley you did not read the the first 2 sentences of my post Just saw I was complaining. OH What a wonderful Forum this is :-(

First 2 sentences of my post where
I would have to agree . That the clutch in the yaris takes some getting use to.

Than went on to state what my own problems have been not that I am bitching about my Yaris just stating what I personally have noticed . and that I said it takes some getting use to.
rocketxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #52
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
This problem is a non issue. I am happy with my Yaris. The issue here is the electronic accelerator pedal & no tach. Cable pedals have a different feel & tach in you face give a visual of what is happening with the RPM's.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #53
Yaris Dick

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 06 VW GTI, 06 G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketxr7
Apparantley you did not read the the first 2 sentences of my post Just saw I was complaining. OH What a wonderful Forum this is :-(

First 2 sentences of my post where
I would have to agree . That the clutch in the yaris takes some getting use to.

Than went on to state what my own problems have been not that I am bitching about my Yaris just stating what I personally have noticed . and that I said it takes some getting use to.
Strange you'd pick THIS topic to make your debut in this forum. So strange, in fact, that I think you're really twocvforme, or perhaps one of his buds from another forum???

Just sayin'
Yaris Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #54
twocvforme

Your EXPERIENCE SHOWS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketxr7
I would have to agree . That the clutch in the yaris takes some getting use to. I have stalled my Yaris more than any other Standard Shift car I have owned in the last 25 yrs.
Seems when I am not really paying close attention to what I am doing I stall it. I dont have this much problem in my 2001 Echo or any of the other Standard Shift cars I have in my house.

Some days I seem to stall it all the time other days I dont stall it at all.
Thank You for your experience with STANDARD TRANSMISSIONS!! Yes, I know too that we are experts in the shifting of any vehicle, no less a Yaris... Maybe we know what a real standard should be like and the true enjoyment they can be....... Since Toyota is now working on Service Bulletin for the Standard..They did call today after numerous drives in my vehcile and many stalls and many other complaints from Yaris owners .....I will let you know what the fix will be, since no one else is interested and I would not want to upset the group with the blinders on .............anymore.