Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
sadha

Drives: Yaris 1.8 TS
Has anyone fitted a Unichip PnP in a TS

Hi Everyone

I want to fit a unichip in my TS, I want to know if anyone else has done it, if so what results do you get.

I have already fitted my exhaust system, got 8kw (10.7hp) more. According to the unichip website, the corolla 1.8L would give about 11 kw (15hp) after fitment of the chip. Not sure if it is the same engine as our TS though (2ZR-FE).
sadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
hey fellow ts owner , welcome , is see you also a south african , what size exhaust did you do ? and what did you replace on the car on the exhaust ? 8kw , wow !

i wouldnt go unichip , rather greddy v-manage or somthing in that line. i just have a custom axel back exhaust in 57mm
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
sadha

Smile

Howzit aucorium

I put a viper exhaust with branches. I wouldnt go for anything else but unichip, although the greddy v-manage is also a piggyback chip, there are not many people that fit it here, and unichip is proudly south african, can be fitted and programmed in less than 3 hours and also can be used on any vehicle. Did I also mention, it is way cheaper.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadha View Post
Howzit aucorium

I put a viper exhaust with branches. I wouldnt go for anything else but unichip, although the greddy v-manage is also a piggyback chip, there are not many people that fit it here, and unichip is proudly south african, can be fitted and programmed in less than 3 hours and also can be used on any vehicle. Did I also mention, it is way cheaper.
hey buddy

ah ok cool , did they do a de-cat on the car ? what torque are you making on the car ? im suprised they even made a header for the car ! wow ! the car must be pulling really well.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
sadha

They didn't do a de-cat although they did replace both boxes. When its idling, its quiet, only when I rev it up, then its really loud. They make headers for it, Its the same engine block for the runx rsi but different heads. Its got about 14 nm of torque more.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:34 AM   #6
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

ah ok , so you still got the cats in. it seems you got most of the power from the header then. i was looking at replacing my middle box , but it didnt seem so restrictive. thats quite a bit more torque ! im looking to do the k&N air intake system soon. i have noticed a good increase with the system i did aswell , i have gone 57mm from the middle oem box to the back with a megan racing exhaust.

im quite interested in the header and how it is designed .. i have been told the OEM headers are pretty good , but you seem to have gotten great gains , so obviosly there is power to be made. I see DC sports also has a header for our motor.

the reason i said use the greddy , is that we got our top unichip guy in cpt that worked on our clients cars from a FN2 type R and a S2000 for example , and the car still didnt run 100% , the greddy is easy to map , if the guys can do unichip , they should be able to do greddy.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
G6-R

Drives: CHR 1.8 Hybrid + Yaris gen3
can you feel it very good that your exhaust is 57mm to the back ???
G6-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #8
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6-R View Post
can you feel it very good that your exhaust is 57mm to the back ???
hey buddy

yes , from the middle OEM box to the back i went up to 57mm , it made a noticable difference , the car pulls alot better in lower RPM
Old 08-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
G6-R

Drives: CHR 1.8 Hybrid + Yaris gen3
Thanx i now enough
G6-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #10
Stiv

Drives: Yaris TS 1,8L
Quote:
Originally Posted by aucorium View Post
I see DC sports also has a header for our motor.
Hi there.
What header is that? One of these? http://www.dcsports.com/4into1headerstoyota.html
Are you sure it's for 1.8?
Stiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #11
sadha

It is quite more powerful. I wanted more acceleration. But according to my dyno tests, I have got torque and power throughout the entire rpm range, take off is much quicker now and also top end!
It is not a DC Sports header. It was manufactured by Viper Exhaust (www.viperperformance.co.za)

I also wanted to put a k&n filter but I decided not to, since it only gives you that extra 4kw at full throttle (accelerator completely down), the rest of the time, it will not perform as good as the normal intake system. I enquired about it when fitting my exhaust at the auto clinic next door, they told me they even had to remove it and put the standard intake system back on from one vehicle because the fuel consumption was very high and was not performing well at all.

They suggested that I should modify the existing airbox and run a pipe from the airbox to the bottom of the grill (for cold air).
Old 08-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #12
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadha View Post
It is quite more powerful. I wanted more acceleration. But according to my dyno tests, I have got torque and power throughout the entire rpm range, take off is much quicker now and also top end!
It is not a DC Sports header. It was manufactured by Viper Exhaust (www.viperperformance.co.za)

I also wanted to put a k&n filter but I decided not to, since it only gives you that extra 4kw at full throttle (accelerator completely down), the rest of the time, it will not perform as good as the normal intake system. I enquired about it when fitting my exhaust at the auto clinic next door, they told me they even had to remove it and put the standard intake system back on from one vehicle because the fuel consumption was very high and was not performing well at all.

They suggested that I should modify the existing airbox and run a pipe from the airbox to the bottom of the grill (for cold air).
hey buddy

the problem with most guys , is that they replace the stock airbox on a car without shielding it from the engine heat. i had the K&N typhoon setup on my 1.3 yaris , when it idles under heavy traffic it does get a little heatsoaked , but as soon as you drive , its all good. the only reason the cars are heavy of fuel is because the drive after the sound the filter makes , so they drive harder to hear the roar of the filter , and use more fuel , also , if the guys are running a aftermarket ECU , it needs to be re-mapped to the correct air / fuel ratio's , modern stock ECU's should be able to sort out the most of that on the fly.

but good one on the exhaust !!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

PS , on my previos yaris , i felt a definite increase in overs acceleration and power , sometimes the cutomised standard airboxes dont always deliver the best , full cold air intakes are def the best though like the AEM , but i dont like it being so close to the ground with regards to water puddles etc , so i go short ram with a heat shield.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
curik

Drives: 06 yaris AT
I have a custom tuned unichip on my ride. My mods are AFE intake, Iridium plugs, NST underdrive crank, Weapon R header, custom header back exhaust (decat), Electric WP with pulley delete, and Ported and polished. Its an auto 1.5 so I didn't expect high hp. At the end I ended up with 135 chp (on a Dastek dyno with estimated powertrain loss).

Although 135 chp sounds lowish, the practical improvement is definetely staggering. Low to medium overtaking is now a cinch. Put my foot down from a halt and she just chirps.

To those wondering if my fuel economy gone worse, to be honest I don't notice at all. So it uses similar rate of fuel but with 25% more power at my disposal.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
StreetVibeTS
StreetVibeTS

Drives: yaris 1.8 ts
sadha, jus wanted to know what happened to your warranty and service plan when u altered the exhaust system? i have fitted a chip on my car, i havnt done a dyno but the car runs in front of the fiesta st and polo gti until about 160/170...i was told that i would get 10% more power. im now looking to do exhaust and lower the suspension...like the stripes!!
StreetVibeTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetVibeTS View Post
sadha, jus wanted to know what happened to your warranty and service plan when u altered the exhaust system? i have fitted a chip on my car, i havnt done a dyno but the car runs in front of the fiesta st and polo gti until about 160/170...i was told that i would get 10% more power. im now looking to do exhaust and lower the suspension...like the stripes!!
hey bro

i can help you out with a drop kit , i have the Tein drop in my TS , checkout my post on yaris world , i am the Tein RSA agent.