Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Hehe, I'm just messin' with ya.

My Focus was a junker, true, but nothing wrong with American cars back when they actually were built nice.

Our project Camaro:

33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
PhilD424

Drives: Red Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post

My Focus was a junker, true, but nothing wrong with American cars back when they actually were built nice.

Our project Camaro:

Very nice camaro good luck with it. I'm 17 right now and going to become a mechanic for a few years/ My brother used to be a mechanic and he has the license to work on planes aswell so he got me into it. He has a 86 Firebird and a 88 Camaro both great cars with lots of work put into them. He had a 5.0 Mustang but was demolished while parked on the side of the street by a DUI driver running from the cops. Talk about luck eh? Ima try to fo for a 5.0 Fox myself as my first ride but don't know about that yet. Have to see what I can save up.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD424 View Post
Very nice camaro good luck with it. I'm 17 right now and going to become a mechanic for a few years/ My brother used to be a mechanic and he has the license to work on planes aswell so he got me into it. He has a 86 Firebird and a 88 Camaro both great cars with lots of work put into them. He had a 5.0 Mustang but was demolished while parked on the side of the street by a DUI driver running from the cops. Talk about luck eh? Ima try to fo for a 5.0 Fox myself as my first ride but don't know about that yet. Have to see what I can save up.
Thanks.

And that sucks about the 5.0, did he at least get insurance money?
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
For the record, this sweet little Yaris of mine is more reliable, so far, than the $30k Australian built GTO that I sold last year. My rack and rear main leaked (mine) from almost day one...

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #23
POORSHA

Drives: 2008 LB
The car comes with lint free cotton gloves so you don't get fingerprints on them. They are kept behind that cover you talked about
POORSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #24
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
So, since I new I was getting a base model, non-power car...

I'm glad I wasn't hung up on mirrors with no lever.

Oh! And it's your Mom's car...not yours. The problem is...

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #25
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Ridiculous is flipping out about a knob or switch that you can't find b/c the car doesn't have it It bugged me at first too. It's just one more thing to go wrong, plus extra weight. I can't even remember how many times i had to place the motors on the PW in my civic.

Quote:
Thats ridiculous. Oh well.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Use to driving american cars and will always be that way. Even if you get no power mirrors they should still give you the knob to adjust them. The car is for my mom not me.
Evidently you've never had to cope with those stupid cable things that "control" the mirrors? They're pains in the butt.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #27
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post

Nothing wrong as long as you weren't trying to navigate on a curvy country road.

Camaros used the same suspension system as your grandma's Chevy Nova.... Camaros have shitty suspension, especially the front end. They were also prone to "sag" in the engine supports if you put too large of a motor into them.

Sure hope you recognize those limitations and have built around them, as a lot of people I know hereabouts do.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote