Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #19
boggydee

Drives: 2009 yaris 4dr hb
if you get it at the dealer its going to costs you close to a thousand... but i suggest to go to a detailer shop and they usually do a pretty good job for cheap. Also if you buy the warranty at the dealer they will only 3m the hood and the side mirrors which sux... well thats what they do here anyway...
boggydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #20
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkndacn View Post
So I had my car washed today and then proceeded to wax my car, I'm glad I have a lil Yaris and not a full size van because my arm hurts. I began getting sad because I started to see every single rock chip in my lil Yaris

I can see how there are chips on the front end (with the nose being so blunt) but I personally I really don't know how there can chips on the roof, left and right sides, or the rear end! and there are on mine!

I also noticed all of the tar and "stuck on" dirt that I will eventually try to get rid of with a clay bar ... but more on that later

I tried using touch-up paint from the dealership and following it up with some touch-up clear coat.... but even after waxing and polishing I can totally tell where all the areas I touched up are! (I was told that I wouldn't be able to)

so I guess what I am asking is how can I deal with these rock chips/dings myself or should I have a pro come redo basically most of the paint and get a bra that will protect the front at least

PS:my car isn't even 2 years old!
I recommend using Langka Blob Eliminator for the chips I have used it for years and works very good it improves the touch up paint a lot, just use the original touch up paint and this product and you will get a nice even surface, I was able to fix my front bumper that got hit by a debris from an accident on I95 that thing took a nice little chunk out of my paint and plastic from the bumper, I used the Toyota touch up paint putting several layers and then removing the excess paint with the Langka product.

For the dents is better let the pros take care of it, I used some kits and is hard to get a nice result.

http://www.langka.com/index.php
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #21
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Hmmmm I just checked out that Lanka site ( ^ ) and that seems like its something that I can do! do you think that this method would work on the chips that are on the front lip/edge of the hood where alot of the chips are?

Thank you for your help :-D
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
Lucas13

Quote:
Hmmmm I just checked out that Lanka site ( ^ ) and that seems like its something that I can do! do you think that this method would work on the chips that are on the front lip/edge of the hood where alot of the chips are?

Thank you for your help :-D
It should anywhere where paint is chipped or missing; I have been able to fix chips and long deep scratches with this method, you just need some patience to do the job, I think this is a lot better thank re-painting.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #23
NH3R717

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch, White
Quote:
This is the hood...but they are really hard to see but basically all of the little white looking spots (idk why they are white) the closer pics just didn't come out at all I doubt that this pic helps but thats all I got... I'll try to get another tomorrow..
its not that big white spot in the middle is it?
NH3R717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #24
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
^hahaha oh god no! That was a reflection of the flash...

@ Lucas 13 .... I just ordered the Lanka set thing ...I'll keep you guys updated on how it works.... Thanks
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:48 AM   #25
Lucas13

Quote:
^hahaha oh god no! That was a reflection of the flash...

@ Lucas 13 .... I just ordered the Lanka set thing ...I'll keep you guys updated on how it works.... Thanks
You will be amazed how this works is a cheap and better solution than painting the whole thing, I used it on my last 3 cars and the yaris and I always get nice results.

Let me know any questions you may have!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
....Get that clay bar out and if your arm just hurts you're not doing it right, it should fall off at the end of the day...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
NH3R717

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch, White
Sounds like you need to wash and wax more often...
NH3R717 is offline   Reply With Quote