Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
boggydee

Drives: 2009 yaris 4dr hb
Question Wax Brand Opinions

Ive been using the regular Turtle wax for a year and recently swithced to Nu-Finish 30 day without waxing but I find turtle wax is better.. Only bad thing is it leaves white residue.
Anyone else have recomendations?
boggydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Spray wax as you dry every time you wash (turtle wax works nice) every six months use clay bar and cleaner wax to keep you paint free of contaminants
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I've been using Meguiar’s NXT liquid version wax, what they call "next generation " wax and love the shine. Very easy to put on and seems durable enough too. Although I would dispute the claims of only waxing a couple time a year. Maybe the paste version would last longer,dunno about that part. No residue, easy to use, dont mind waxing every other month, (truth be known I do it at least once a month cause I like to)
Just be sure and seal any rock chips or such before you put it on, as you arent gonna get touch up paint to stick for nothin after you apply this stuff,LOL
Old 07-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Smartwax FTW!
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
jmjonesey

Drives: Red 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to jmjonesey
I just use the Turtle Wax Ice, it works well enough for me. It does not last as long as when I used to use paste wax and a buffer though.

Great thing about it tho is you can use it on your trim and glass if you like, although at night you get crazy refractions!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Meguiars polish and wax every year, year and a half. Meguiars quick detailer, quick interior detailer, and vinyl/rubber spray every week.

I sprayed some vinyl/rubber reconditioner on my friends beat up cracked dried "time to replace" weather stripping. It actually swelled the rubber up and made the cracks invisible from more than a foot away. I kinda was figuring it was gonna shred up the rest of the rubber and crumble apart, but it made it look like new... crazy
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
Meguiars polish and wax every year, year and a half. Meguiars quick detailer, quick interior detailer, and vinyl/rubber spray every week.

I sprayed some vinyl/rubber reconditioner on my friends beat up cracked dried "time to replace" weather stripping. It actually swelled the rubber up and made the cracks invisible from more than a foot away. I kinda was figuring it was gonna shred up the rest of the rubber and crumble apart, but it made it look like new... crazy
You mean Meguiars brand reconditioner?-----if so,any particular model,type of meguiars...in case they have several types?. TIA
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
NH3R717

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch, White
Thumbs up 3M products recommended.

I use to use the autozone ect. brands but recently stepped up to 3M products. 3M might not have a snazzed up package but from the reviews I have read it is rated top notch and I concur. I started with 3M hand glaze, from what I understand glaze is kind of a stripper/polish/contaminate remover in the lightest sense (next being a polish then rubbing compound/swirl mark remover), then applied 3M finishing wax which is a non-carnuba based 'sealer'. It is suppose to last longer than carnuba but not give as good of a shine (though the shine still looks good) and last 3M paste wax for the super gloss. This was a lot of work but i used a buffer with a 3 inch pad on steps 1 and 3 (hand application recommended for the liquid finishing wax/sealer) and only expect to be applying the paste once a month for a while. My car might have benefited from clay, polish or rubbing compound but I really didn't want to drop all that dough for the extra products, glaze worked nicely. This is my method, it works nice ad I highly recommend 3M stuff. I didn't take before and after pics though I should have.
NH3R717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
partscar
I've made a post!

Drives: Carmine
Klasse All-in-one. A little goes a long way. By far the best finish for any tired paint. Add the sealant and you got great protection.

Also, S100 (aka P21S) wax from your local harley dealer. I never tried S100 but everyone raves about.

Klasse AIO was good to me on my old BMWs and their front wheels from accumulating too much brake dust.
partscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Daddie Y
Banned

Drives: 2008 VITZ
I use "Mothers" products...I have been using it for years.
Daddie Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
mojokin

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
I have tried Mother's California Gold 3 Step System. If the pre-wax cleaner(step 1) is too strong for you, use the Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner instead. I have it done in one of the local shops for about $100. A good investment in my opinion.
mojokin is offline   Reply With Quote