Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #19
anubisx99
here again..

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by k r a y z e e . j o j o View Post
+2. This showed much promise, but I'm not too crazy about that size blocking the door and having to cut into it for the center gauge. Originally I was thinking you were building an exact replica of the one in the pics I posted in the initial thread. Sorry guys, have to pass on this (at least until it's redone)
as far as the hole, in the middle, I have explain this many times, the hole WE have is from our old setting, the holder is made to fit everything WITHOUT cutting into the cover, the original TRD (the one you got pics Krayzee) is closer to the glove compartment and I can guarantee you for that you'll HAVE to cut into it to make everything fit (unless the TRD gauges/tach is less than 1" deep, doubt it)...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #20
anubisx99
here again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmodder View Post
I have to agree...It just seems out of place to me...Wish you could make it smaller somehow...
again, any smaller and you'll HAVE TO CUT into the cover to fit the gauges, I though nobody wanted that...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:39 AM   #21
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubisx99 View Post
as far as the hole, in the middle, I have explain this many times, the hole WE have is from our old setting, the holder is made to fit everything WITHOUT cutting into the cover, the original TRD (the one you got pics Krayzee) is closer to the glove compartment and I can guarantee you for that you'll HAVE to cut into it to make everything fit (unless the TRD gauges/tach is less than 1" deep, doubt it)...
K I see what your saying now. What if you could just lengthen the center gauge section an inch or two so it's right above the steering column? There's plenty of dead space between the door and the wheel, and it should allow you to shrink the back of the pod just enough to open the door fully. What do you think?

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
Old 11-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I think a poll is in order to see if opening the door is something the majority of possible customers would want. I put my gauges into that area and I've never missed that little storage space.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #23
advocate

Drives: car
I use it to store things for work but only because I can, not because I have to...

Last edited by advocate; 11-28-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #24
SilverBack
Joey

I need that space to hold things I would need access to right away if needed like insurance and reg. cards, change, my workout gloves, spare business cards, and sometimes anything that I need to hide from nosy but clueless passengers.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #25
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
sorry, didn't mean to flame- I think you guys did a great job designing this, and the unit looks to be first rate. Just not my cup of tea, sorry
Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #26
cruz-gsr

Drives: 08 Yaris Lift Back
once again you can still use the storage but the door does not open all the way, also the only reason we make it so big is so you dont have to cut a hole in the door to fit your gauges.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #27
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
any chance you have a pic of the cluster installed w/ how the compartment looks "open"?

i use my upper glove box, but not for anything too important...iirc, there is a set of tweezers, garage door opener, and a $10 american bill in there right now
Old 11-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #28
anubisx99
here again..

Ok so, the way we design the holder is for personal customization... What I mean by that is that to install it you have to look for your personal preference:

1- the holder can be install by the 2 bolts and nuts or by hot glue, or by just double sided tape
2- the holder can be moved up or down on the cover for better visibility (if u r a tall guy u might wanna put it higher)
3- depending how low or high u decide to install it the cover will open more or less (low=more, high=less) but you'll stll be able to opened

for that matter we'll re'install it in all diferent way so all your questions/concern will be answered...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #29
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
WAIT. So you have to cut a giant hole in the dash?

Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #30
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Back on topic, sweet product. This turned out a whole lot better than I was anticipating. Can't wait to see that CF unit.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #31
anubisx99
here again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
Back on topic, sweet product. This turned out a whole lot better than I was anticipating. Can't wait to see that CF unit.
jesus christ! a good comment, H3LlIoN thanks a lot my friend I was already stating to loose all hope in the holder, the CF unit is going to take a while specially since apparently no one likes the final product (at least not enough to buy it)...it's all good tho...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #32
XYaris

Drives: '09 Yaris LB
I think the pod looks good. I would mount it a bit lower (so it basically rests on the steering wheel plastics) but still nice. Its definitely better than my lone tach just hanging out there in space.

nice job.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #33
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
i get what your saying about making it bigger so you dont have to cut into the driver door

but people are saying they dont want to ruin there door..... if your willing to put 2 bolts through the door anyway who cares at that point

i like the small slim look of the TRD one, i think it just looks a lot less bulky

what would of been really awesome is to make a door replacement that housed these gauges and yet opened!

http://www.4055design.com
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #34
anubisx99
here again..

the install we're doing next weekend will not have bolts or nuts on it, it will be straight on the cover, my only concern is the weight of the tach + gauges and that it may be to much for the glue but we'll see, wait for it gents, maybe twice's a charm...
Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #35
SilverBack
Joey

I'm still a little interested in this, Anubis. Hope you get the details figured out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
but people are saying they dont want to ruin there door..... if your willing to put 2 bolts through the door anyway who cares at that point
We already know the door will be ruined as part of the install, bolt-on or glue. The point of not making a giant hole for the center tach is so we don't have to sacrifice any of our storage space

Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #36
anubisx99
here again..

krayzee, I assure you, there's no need to make that giant hole in the middle, as explain before that hole is from our old tach setting, keep in mind that you also need to get a tach like Sunpro or AutoMeter because they're not as deep, also you will need to run the wires somehow and depending what gauges you get even more than wire and drilling is again necessary so, however you look at, a little drilling might be unavoidable...

Last edited by anubisx99; 11-10-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Closed Thread