Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Is this cheap Yaris turbo kit for real?

Was looking on ebay and found this auction for a Yaris specific Turbo kit and wanted to get some of you FI guys to comment on it...

Whaddaya think?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.

Last edited by Shinare; 03-07-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Crap, just realized there was only an hour left on it. Oh well, not really comfortable with such a cheap kit.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
cheap and turbo normally dont go on the same sentence..lol but it could be legit..who knows...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
RawrDaddy

Drives: 2007
^ i was JUST looking at some turbos on ebay and seen this one too.

are any of the ebay turbos (even the JDM titled ones) reliable? they range about 800 for the "complete turbo kit"

ive also seen some "universal" turbo kits that claim to fit the Yaris that run around the 180-350 range. could any of these suffice? (and if so - for a daily driver?)

sorry for the thread jack Shin :).
RawrDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
No one is going to tell you that's good quality or safe, because you can't tell without a very close look at the turbo (the heart of the system) and the other parts.

I can't tell if they are providing a downpipe. Is it guaranteed to fit the Yaris, and does it have an 02 bung?

I sell the Zage kit, and it's proving itself to be a great bolt-on kit for the Yaris at $1629 shipped, no management.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
RawrDaddy

Drives: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
No one is going to tell you that's good quality or safe, because you can't tell without a very close look at the turbo (the heart of the system) and the other parts.

I can't tell if they are providing a downpipe. Is it guaranteed to fit the Yaris, and does it have an 02 bung?

I sell the Zage kit, and it's proving itself to be a great bolt-on kit for the Yaris at $1629 shipped, no management.
-Sorry For The Big Pic in Advance-

link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDMS-...item19b5cb56ea

i dont think they come with the 02 bung.

im thinkin additional [custom] parts would be needed for the ebay kits.
also - i thought i read that the turbo could do up to 8psi - and i know many on these boards are running in the 15-20 range.

(a little off topic: whats your mpg looking like cali?)
RawrDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
Carter05xb
Banned

Drives: 05xb
Anyone can polish a turd.

Stay away from e-bay, that is if you like your car. However you could buy it and dyno it on a dynapack and get great unreal results and pretend you got street worthy power.

But seriously, get something thats trust worthy. Your piece of mind is everything.
Carter05xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Just read pimp_my_yaris turbo thread, then buy that.

Plus, what kind of customer service are you really going to get when that fails?

I get 20's if I keep my foot out of it -- but I can't seem to do that much.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Well, we won't know until someone tries...
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ YES

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it
Old 03-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
Was looking on ebay and found this auction for a Yaris specific Turbo kit and wanted to get some of you FI guys to comment on it...

Whaddaya think?
This is not a Yaris specific kit. It is a starter kit. It does not include a manifold nor does it include a downpipe......

Last edited by cdydjded; 03-08-2011 at 08:45 PM.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
This is not a Yaris specific kit. It is a starter kit. I does not include a manifold nor does it include a downpipe......
OK, that was really kind of my main question. Since the auction purported to be a "JDM Yaris" turbo kit. WHich I assumed to mean this was a kit designed and built specifically for the Yaris and should bolt on (so to say).

Old 03-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
When it comes to big item purchase like that, I would stick with a reputable dealer that has advice and info first hand. It will cost you more up front, but save you huge in the long run.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I does not include a manifold nor does it include a downpipe......
The picture shows a manifold but I don't see a downpipe.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
^I was reffering to the link on post #6 not the link to post #1, my bad.....

As for the link on post # 1, the manifold looks exactly like the Zage manifold......
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ It sure does
Old 03-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #17
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
It's probably worth mentioning the Zage kit really is pretty much dirt cheap when held against kits for other cars (which usually run 3k upwards...)

... And it works. Quite nicely.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote