Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > UK
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
chrisn7

Drives: Yaris 1.0VVTi MMT
Headliner

I am posting this as a newbie not just to this forum, but also the Yaris. I have just acquired a 2004 3 door Spirit for duaghter to drive. At 32k miles there has been little to do to it to bring it to the standard I like. However, the headliner vibrates annoying on our poor roads. I suspect this is partly due to the presence of a sun roof, so the liner doesn't have as much curvature to keep it in place. Is this normal / does anyone have a fix please?
chrisn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
chrisn7

Drives: Yaris 1.0VVTi MMT
Well I lowered the rear and right hand side of the headliner today to see what might be the cause of the vibration. There is a strip of insulation,perhaps just over 1 cm thick, that runs acroos the car. In my case this was near the rear of the liner. There is a somewhat flimsy metal channel section that also goes across the car, just aft of the rsunroof recess. This insulation material was not bonded to the liner, and appears to have crept rearwards over time. I simply moved it back so it was between the liner and the channel section. And now-silence, turned out to be an easy fix.
chrisn7 is offline   Reply With Quote