Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
You are doing all of this without knowing how to get a stuck wheel off? Give it one really good smack with your foot right at the top dead center of the tire with it slightly elevated from the ground. It will come off, just dont hit the wheel
Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #20
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
you need penetrating lube....chances are the wheel is rusted to the hub.....

slap a whack of penetrating lube on it and let it sit overnight...i had the same problem w/ my car last spring when taking off my winters...you run w/o hubaps all winter?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #21
Riced-yaris

Drives: 1998 EL, 2000 Civic, 2008 Yari
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
you need penetrating lube....chances are the wheel is rusted to the hub.....

slap a whack of penetrating lube on it and let it sit overnight...i had the same problem w/ my car last spring when taking off my winters...you run w/o hubaps all winter?
Thats what my mechanic has told me. So far, I have kicked it. Used 3 different pry bars. HAMMERED it and swore at it lol. Oh and ya, i didnt use Hubcaps, since my g/f Barely drove it this winter. We used my civic mostly.
Riced-yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #22
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riced-yaris View Post
Thats what my mechanic has told me. So far, I have kicked it. Used 3 different pry bars. HAMMERED it and swore at it lol. Oh and ya, i didnt use Hubcaps, since my g/f Barely drove it this winter. We used my civic mostly.
ya, i wailed on mine w/ a rubber mallet and got nothing.....penetrating lube for a few hours....boom, headshot
Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #23
Riced-yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
ya, i wailed on mine w/ a rubber mallet and got nothing.....penetrating lube for a few hours....boom, headshot
Thx for the tip buddy. I sprayed a lot of WD40 onto the lugs and hug. I hope this works, or else its a X-large coffee to the mechanic.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #24
thebarber
daily driver

youll want proper penetrating lube....but wd40 may do the trick
Old 05-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #25
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I put the TRD strut/shocks in with the TRD springs so never experience the springs alone.
Because;

1) Stock dampers aren't designed for higher rate springs. I laugh out loud at the ricers going down the highway bouncing like a pogo stick. Slammed down on stock dampers.

2) There is too much time & skinned knuckles required to swap out the suspension in my driveway. I'd regret doing it all twice because I was 'too cheap' to invest in competent hi-po shocks/struts from the beginning.

Of course, if you have a thick wallet and pay someone else to do the dirty work you may want to give it a try. Your choice.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #26
Riced-yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
I put the TRD strut/shocks in with the TRD springs so never experience the springs alone.
Because;

1) Stock dampers aren't designed for higher rate springs. I laugh out loud at the ricers going down the highway bouncing like a pogo stick. Slammed down on stock dampers.

2) There is too much time & skinned knuckles required to swap out the suspension in my driveway. I'd regret doing it all twice because I was 'too cheap' to invest in competent hi-po shocks/struts from the beginning.

Of course, if you have a thick wallet and pay someone else to do the dirty work you may want to give it a try. Your choice.
I agree and know what you mean. But I am not gonna spend this type of cash on the Yaris. I have a proper setup on my Acura EL, but the Yaris, is on lease, so if anythin happens, I'll just swap the stockers back in. The car is finally fully done and rides just like stock
Old 05-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #27
thebarber
daily driver

trd's and prokits are mild enough that running stock shocks wont kill them

i had prokits on my matrix for many a kilometer w/o incident
Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #28
SEVEN

Drives: 07' HB Black
I have had TRD springs for about 1 year prolly 18 to 20K miles on them, my rear shocks are starting to make a creaking noise sou yeah ... saving up for coilovers, I ride hard on them all the time so if I blow a shock before I can affor the coilovers its new shocks for me
Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #29
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Stock Shocks and Spings with TRD sway bar
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #30
kosko
ALF

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatchback 5spd manual
I just hit 58K and am doing fine (which includes about 5 huge speed bumps 4 times a day to and from my house)!
kosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #31
mastaofdisasta

Drives: yaris
what can yall tell me bout df210s on stock shocks, as far as handling on a course goes?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #32
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdisasta View Post
what can yall tell me bout df210s on stock shocks, as far as handling on a course goes?
Well I can't say what they are like on a course, but after I put DFs on my stock shocks, the lower center of gravity made curves a lot less dramatic. I also suspect they are the reason it feels a lot less floaty at higher speeds. With the DFs and my rear sway bar, this car handles amazingly well on stock tires.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote