Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #11
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfiend View Post
The car looks great, dont get me wrong, but to properly do the 3 step, should take more then 2 1/2 hours. Exp if by hand. Thats basically just putting it on, and wiping it off, no working it in and correcting anything in the paint.
Just to properly polish a car with a DA i can and do spend 2+ hours, and thats just doing polish, no wash, no paint clean, and no wax. Especially when waxing should be a minimum 30 minute process.
And if thats all you did, you basically cleaned the paint, and waxed it. And most freshly washed and waxed cars will look that good, especially in none direct sunlight, seems to be a bit cloudy.

I'm really not trying to be an jerk, but I dont want people to get the wrong impression about what the 3 step can achieve in that sort of time.
I have been detailing cars for years so have it down to a system. Anyone else would expect to probally take another 30min to a hour longer than i did so say 3-3.5 hours. The cleaner wax you can allow it to haze but the polish you are supose to work a panel at a time and do not allow it to dry.

The final coat of wax does need to allowed to be haze which believe it or not if its a hot and sunny day can take as little as 30 seconds if not a couple of minutes. You are putting on a very THIN coat. Not heavy. My bottle of wax has lasted me over 2 years and i have done several cars.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote