Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Mini Meet: Savannah, GA Edition!

Well this past week, what's left of us Yariiisiesiesiesiiiseis's in the 912 (those that manage to keep them out of the fence at least ) decided to have a mini meet. Ilikerice and I both live here, and Midnight Drifter was down from Jersey to visit future family members. These are two cool dudes here, with differing styles and both make me thankful to be a part of the YarisWorld community. This is only the second time I've hung out with people from an internet forum.

We grabbed some food at Savannah Mall and chilled out for a little while. We were pressed for time since it was during the work week so we only did an impromptu parking lot shoot, but here's the metal.

MD: White '10 Yaris
ILR: Black '10 Yaris (on red wheels)
SAV: Black '09 Yaris (w/Univ of Georgia plate)

We will hopefully get together again soon and do a proper shoot with professional camera equipment.

ILR was kind enough to let me and MD take his car (with him in it of course) around the parking lot to see the difference between stock suspension (MD's car), a TRD kitted car (mine) and one on full Megan Racing coilovers and sticky Kumho tires with smaller wheels. I thought the TRD suspension was an improvement over stock, and it is. But the Megan Racing coilovers and sticky tires is just a whole different ball game. I merely had to think which direction to go in and his car was already doing it. It was sooo direct and precise. FANTASTIC. And the AEM intake sounds great as well.

But it rides pretty hard and I don't think I could live with that every day. Then again, he does autocross events so that's where it would really shine. Needless to say, his car is modified according to how he uses it and I'm sure at an autocross event, it is BRILLIANT. I hope to shoot his car at an autocross event real soon over on Hutchinson Island and maybe even ride along if I can find the balls to. Even at 25 MPH, I was having a ball!

Here's a picture of me driving his car:

I'm only going about 10 MPH but had a shiteating grin on the entire way.

On other topics, I'm sore about not having a tach in my cluster like both these guys do, but I'm not about to go changing clusters out. A tach is nice to have, but I've had the car over a year already without one so I'm not in a hurry to get one. Plus I don't want to deal with the mileage debacle. I am glad I lack the traction/stability control standard with the '10s. More buttons and more sensors to go wrong, and I find it difficult to see the need for traction control with 106 bhp.

And with all of that out of the way, I also have some shots of my car from a few days prior to our meet, where I had the tripod and Nikon all charged up. These are just for amusement and to show off where I've gone with the car since picking it up in January '10 completely stock.

Hope you enjoyed.
-SAV

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Awesome stuff. I really do like ilikerice's Yaris, that thing's a hoot and two dozen~!
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
lol, thanks.. more to come
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote