Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Official Toyota Thailand accessories for Yaris Hatch & Sedan

I picked up some official brochures from Toyota detailing the aftermarket accessories they offer for our cars. The vast majority of them should be interchangeable with Yarii from other countries.

For the hatch:

And the sedan:

Please keep in mind the sedan (Vios) was only launched here 2 weeks ago, there should be more stuff over time

Here's some important information:

With regards to the hatchback, the only things that would NOT fit on US-style cars are the rear bumper mudguards/lips (US rear bumpers are deeper) as well as the floor mats (RHD vs LHD, same thing for the sedan). I'm also not sure how the bluetooth handsfree kit interconnects with the stock stereo, and if it's in any way possible to make it work over there. Also, obviously, side visors will only fit if you have a 5-door version.

For the sedan, I am not really familiar enough yet with the differences between Thai spec and US spec, from what I see, on the outside, the main difference is the rear reflector on the bumper:

The overall shape of the bumper seems to be the same, though?

The interior panel set is very nice in person, it's a glossy, patterned plastic, not carbon fiber look but quite close:

The chrome-ringed fog lights are real classy too!

Pricing wise, the retail prices are there, although I do not know if I can expect to get any kind discount from Toyota, even if we do a group buy for some of them. One problem is that the exchange rate for the Thai Baht has been dropping pretty fast over the past months, so it may make things a little more expensive for you guys. As a rule of thumb, at the moment you should divide those prices by 32 to get the price in US dollars. I'll be going to a dealership at some point and try to haggle a bit Please also understand that I may probably take a bit of a markup on these prices if necessary, but I'm reasonable, I'll settle for 100% profit

Shipping is a potentially expensive proposition. For the smaller stuff, I can use the post office EMS service (Express Mail), and if we set up groub buys, I can send to a single member in the US who can then redistribute, that should cut down individual costs quite a bit. For bigger, irregular-shaped pieces pieces, such as skirts, window visors, etc, I may not be able to ship by post, so maybe by DHL, or I can contact a shipping company and see if we can't arrange something.

There are other parts which are interesting, but are not official toyota aftermarket accessories, such as the LED side mirrors which are discussed in another thread. I am still waiting on my friend's wife's friend who works at a dealership to get back to me with info on these, but it looks like I will have to go find out myself.

Sedan owners, if you noticed, the front grille on our models has a very stylish dash of chrome across it, would anyone be interested in those?

Lastly, there's the question of paint matching for external accessories. Although we have a lot of paint codes in common, there are several colors in the US/Canada/etc that are not available here. Bayou Blue, Copper Orange, Jade Green, for example. I will get a list of the paint codes available here, but if you notice, most parts are also available just primered, so you can have them painted locally.

So, overall, it looks like a lot of options have been opened for you poor accessories-starved people Of course, if this is to happen, we're gonna need to relay on our legendary team of guinea pigs and DIYers to confirm what fits and what doesn't

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
'Air Purifier Plasmacluster'????????? Sounds cool. I want one.

'Corner Bumper Protector'?!?!?!?!? PFFT.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Ranggarn

Drives: Yaris 3Door YRX
Leg room illumination ... *drool*
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranggarn View Post
Leg room illumination ... *drool*
I personally don't see the use of it Illuminated key hole, on the other hand, would be useful!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Thomas Can you find out how much it would be to ship a spoiler here to the states? They cost about 1/2 as much there as they do in Canada ($155USD in Thailand compared to $300USD in Canada)
Old 03-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

I don't think it;s the exact same spoiler though, take a look at my car pics, the slope of my spolier kinda follows the curve of the roof, from what I see of the canadian RS spoiler, that one curves up a little bit.

But anyway if that's fine with you I think it could be shipped by post, price will depend on the weight, but I can see it costing $100 or so.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
Black Yaris
der Zeck

well shit if we get a few ppl that want them it would be more cost effective to get them from thailand, and it is a Toyota part prepainted :)
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Yeah that would be my opinion too, get some kind of mega group buy going

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
yarisuzr

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue Yaris
I'm extremely interested in the Premium Floor Mats (9), Sporty shift knob (1), Scuff plate (5), and the Ignition key light (3). If you can get ahold of these things I'm in.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

forget the floor mats, they're designed for right hand drive cars, i doubt they'd fit correctly in yours. the rest should certainly not be a problem!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

The GB would bea good idea... what do you think would be cheeper one big package to the US and reshipped or a bunch of smaller packages fron Thailand?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

definitely one big package. For example, 1kg costs 1200 Baht, 5kg costs 4000 Baht, 10kg costs 7000 Baht. But that's with the postal EMS service. DHL has economical jumbo boxes, up to 25kg (but limited space).

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #13
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
definitely one big package. For example, 1kg costs 1200 Baht, 5kg costs 4000 Baht, 10kg costs 7000 Baht. But that's with the postal EMS service. DHL has economical jumbo boxes, up to 25kg (but limited space).
Damn... 11lbs cost $125 wow.... let me check with my logistics buddy from the philipeens (or however you spell it)
Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #14
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

that's the problem with shipping bulky stuff halfway round the world

Anyway, going through a shipping company should be a lot cheaper, but quite possibly slower. I'll be doing more research on that.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #15
Black Yaris
der Zeck

well if the shipping is super cheep I can wait an extra week or two
Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
Black Yaris
der Zeck

just for shits and giggles, what should I have him quote me? do you think we are going to have a pallet of goods? no more than 50 lbs?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

a 24 foot container full of parts would be nice

But yeah, let's say a pallet, 100lb maximum. It will help me get a basis on which to judge what's offered locally.

And with that, I shall now say good night, half past midnight here and I need my beauty sleep.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
Black Yaris
der Zeck

night sleeping beauty... it is only 1:45 pm here