Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable View Post
Why in the world would city officials stop someone from shoveling out their driveways??? That's insane lol
I wasn't referring to people shoveling their own driveways, but to shoveling other people's driveways to make money, as Bronsin wrote on this thread that he did as a kid. I was thinking somewhat about a recent incident, but more so about one that happened within the last few years re the Stop and Frisk policy in NYC. I just did the search 'new york city people making extra money shoveling driveways stopped by city' search on the DuckDuckGo.com search engine. Eight of the hits that came up were about the recent incident a few weeks ago. Sorry, it was in the NYC area/metro, not NYC. Happened in Bound Brook, NJ (2013 population estimate under 11,000)...about 19 miles outside the city limits of NYC. Two 18 year old guys passed out flyers in their own neighborhood re shoveling snow. A neighbor called the cops on them, and the cops stopped the teens. They needed a permit...which costs $450.00 for a 180 day period . During this same time frame/snowstorm, another snow shoveling incident occurred in a suburb of Philadelphia....Lower Merion Township. What should have been the only issue there = the age of the young men. Lower Merion allows kids to solicit door to door, but not adults. One of the two men questioned was 34 and the other was 18. They had been hired by the woman whose snow they were shoveling. Unfortunately, this didn't end up being the only issue in the media....the two men questioned are Black, and affluent Lower Merion is over 85% White and under 6% Black. One of the hits on my search related to NYC Stop and Frisk....the Stop and Frisk - Tumblr hit.... but, once I clicked on it and scrolled, I couldn't find the passage that was part of header on the DuckDuckGo.com hit.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote