Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #469
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
Made A big move yesterday and cranked up the turbo to 12psi. Hade to make a competely new map for my FIC. Old map was only good to 10psi. Its was running VERY STRONG for about an hour of very hard driving. Then I noticed the AFR's were getting a little lean. I will do some retuning if possible. I may need more fuel system upgrades at this power level. Possibly new rail with a return line or even lager injectors? The good news is I am no longer using that jimmy rigged pull spring on my wastegate as my boost controller.
Before you continue do a compression test so we can see what it is before 12. Your rods are goona be the first thing to go. Careful you don't burn up the exhaust valves that can make it show lean sometimes. And Dyno that thing so you can brag about it
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #470
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Latest vid of stock 1nzfe at 12psi. Actually spikes to 13psi before dropping to 12psi. This was a forth gear roll on. Sorry, Im not good with filming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaEW...ature=youtu.be
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #471
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Did another dyno run at Sound Performance in Bensenville Il. They squezzed me in on a Buick dyno shootout on saturday. I pulled 197whp on a mustang dyno. They typically read 5% lower then Dynapac dynos.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #472
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
OH yeah, nice!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #473
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
that is awesome.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #474
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
So ridiculous... I would have never thought our engines could put down so much power stock.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #475
Schizoprenia

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.5 M/T '06
Quote:
OK I finally did some work to eliminate my smoke problem on cold engine starts. The problem has been getting progressivly worse as the weather gets colder. Their has been a lot of talk about where the oil return enters the pan. I dont believe that is the problem. But I admit its a possibility. My oil return was submerged in oil in the lower part of the pan. So this weekend I removed the right side axel and relocated the return to the top of the pan above the oil level. I also switched from a 1/4npt fitting and a 3/8in hose to a more free flowing 3/8npt fitting and a 1/2in hose. The thing is huge. For sure if I continue to have a cold start smoke problem, I know it will not be the return. I have finished the work and just need to fill with fluids tomarrow after my silicone drys on my oil pan. I will also take a pic. tomarrow.
how hard is it to remove the axel?
Schizoprenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #476
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizoprenia View Post
how hard is it to remove the axel?
Not to hard. You must remove right front wheel. Then remove the bolt on the spindle that clamps the lower ball joint to the spindle. Then you must remove the nut that holds the axel in the center of the front hub. I believe its 30mm and must be a twelve point socket. Then slide the axel out of the front hub and slide the ball joint out of the spindle. Then you can pull the rotor hub and caliper can be pulled out of the way and tied up. Then using a pry bar you can pop the axel out of the transmission. Drain transmission fluid out first or it will be messy. Muake sure if the axel needs to be hammered out of the front hub the threads are not damaged. Air tools and a compressor make this job much easier.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #477
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Well a couple of days ago I was driving to the grocery store and when I was leaving my neighborhood I nailed the gas in second gear. The tires broke loose and kept spinning until about 50mph. When I let of the gas and shifted into third gear I heard a loud knocking noise tied with rpm. I pulled over and saw no oil leaking. I drove home with the noise as the damage had already been done. I thought for sure I spun a rod bearing. I drained the oil and saw no metal chips in my oil. So then I did a compression test, 3cyl. at 155 to 160psi and 1cyl. at 95psi. Mystery solved. I slapped a valve at high rpm. Now I have a bent valve.

I am now working on removing my cyl. head. I also bought a used 80k mile motor from a local junk yard for 350$. I am going to put the head on my car, so I can get back on the road for now.

Then I am going to order pistons and rods for the short block soon so I can start on a higher boost motor. Goal 275-300hp
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #478
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
for some reason they don't like 25+ psi either.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #479
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

? Who is making performance valve springs besides Ferrea. 1000$ for valves and spring is a little stiff. And stock seem a little weak for my extended high RPM abuse.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #480
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I've been running stock valves for quite a while with pretty tough track days included. We did put stiffer springs on them so I could rev to 7300.

I'll check our sources and see if anyone else is making valves. You want stock or over-size?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #481
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
? Who is making performance valve springs besides Ferrea. 1000$ for valves and spring is a little stiff. And stock seem a little weak for my extended high RPM abuse.
There's Ferrea valves for sale in the FS section... have a looksee
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #482
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Im just looking for valve springs. What Brand are U running Garm. And do you sell them?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #483
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

bluevitz, those oversized valves would be a substantial project on the head, I'm sure you know that; unless someone can do machining and such themselves.

I don't know what springs we have in my car, but Ferrea is making us an upgraded valve spring kit that supposedly would be ready by now. You know how that goes.

I will follow up with them on Monday.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #484
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
From assembling a few different Toyota motors, I can tell you that the Scion tC motor has the same dimension valve springs. So I've thought about just purchasing upgraded springs ( advertised for the tC) and using those.

I guess I have lucked out, using stock head and my limiter is set to 7300rpm. I've even slammed it in the wrong gear a few times and the rpm shot well past what the tach shows (8000 rpm). I'm pretty sure it was about 9000 rpm once when I was at the dragstrip and put it in second instead of 4th. I think the only reason I didnt get valve contact was because maybe the valves cleared the lower compression pistons even with float. I did hear a noise afterwards which scared me for a few minutes, until I figured out that my power steering belt flipped upside down! Lol

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #485
Viperoni

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post
I did hear a noise afterwards which scared me for a few minutes, until I figured out that my power steering belt flipped upside down! Lol
You had this happen to you too? When it happened to me, I couldn't believe it.
2005 Toyota Echo RS 4dr hatch - Cyl #3 bad - sold
2000 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe - The track car - rusty & scrapped
Viperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #486
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperoni View Post
You had this happen to you too? When it happened to me, I couldn't believe it.
Yea, I don't even understand the physics behind how that can even occur.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote