Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 AM   #1
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Lightbulb Do these gimmicky "electric superchargers" work at all?

Does anyone have any actual experience with putting either of these products into their Yaris?:

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

(this one is kind of like an electric fan that goes directly into your intake system.)

http://www.electricsupercharger.net/

(This one is more like a traditional super, except it is all plastic. The reason it is so cheap is because since it does not produce nearly as much boost as a "real" super, it is all universal parts and does not require custom fabrication and a bunch of other stuff like that which is why it is only about $175 and not $3500 like regular superchargers.)

The reason I am asking is because these things claim up to 15 HP gains for only about $200 worth of equipment? It sounds too good to be true to me, and I cannot find any reviews online at all. So, do they actually work at all? The manufacturers claim 15 HP gains, so what could you actually expect out of these? Can the advantages of the system outweigh the strain it puts on the electrical system? d

Call me crazy, but even though these sound gimmicky, at that price, it is almost cheap enough to just try them since I am not planning to do a real turbo or supercharger on my Yaris anyway!

So am I crazy or what?

Please ignore the Ferrari

Last edited by computerlove87; 03-26-2009 at 02:40 AM.
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote