Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Would you buy a Rally Style Yaris?

HI, Just wanted to know if people in the Yaris world forums (the experts on this car) would ever be interested in a rallyized or rally stylized Yaris?

Unfortunately, I can't speak much for the US market, but I really want to see what the market would be like for this type of car.

In the past, Toyota has come out with a rally style Echo hatch (old vitz/yaris) and some of the dealers told me that it flopped.

Subaru sells it's cars based on their rally heritage and it's so funny that so many people have forgotten all about Toyota's rally heritage. Which unfortunately the big marketing wigs at Toyota USA and even Canada changed that direction to where Toyota now makes cars that are kinda bleh.

I myself a Toyota fan want to see something a bit more exciting and in Canada, most Toyota Dealerships don't even get the Scion brand. Which means the only sporty 2 door car is the Yaris.

So what do you think could help in getting this little econobox a second wind of some sportiness? We're thinking along the lines of something that will co-incide with the WRC, the Asian Pacific and hopefully soon, the Canadian Rally Championship series. For me, there's nothing more exciting that seeing a little rally car jump and slide and doing all sorts of things it wasn't supposed to do.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote