Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
AshLilyNeko

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Base
Lightbulb WTB: center console

Hey all! I just recently joined this forum, pretty much since I've had my Yaris since 2009 and I'm just starting to do some upgrades on it, and would like to do them myself since I know that the dealer is just going to charge me an arm and a leg.

Right now I'm looking at various center consoles. My Yaris is a 2007 Base model. I don't really want the console for the armrest quality, since I'm used to driving with my right hand (I used to smoke and would do so with my left, US driver here).

Anyway, the console that I REALLY like is this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-TOYO...item53ee1cd572

I think it's the JDM console for the Vitz. Does anyone know if this fits or could be modified to fit the 07 Yaris? I think that it attaches with some sort of brackets to the rails for the driver and passenger seats. I'm a little baffled by the cost as well... is this a part I can get from my dealer? I'm assuming not, since I think it's a Vitz part like I said.

Anyways, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
AshLilyNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
whoa, over $200.

We sell this one:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Lif...terConsole.htm

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
^^ That looks awesome Garm. Good price too.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
AshLilyNeko

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Base
Yeah guys I have to be honest, I'm not sure why my thread was moved into "looking to buy" because I'm really not. I mostly just want to know if the JDM console I linked to would fit in my 2007 Yaris - I've asked sellers on ebay and one said yes and the other said no. And since they are both from other countries I kind of don't think they have really ever seen my model of Yaris, maybe?

As for the MI console, I have looked at it and I love the price, but I don't totally love the design. I would like it more if it came in light or charcoal grey. Does it have a cupholder on the back? Because I don't really want to lose the functionality of that cupholder, which, from what I've seen, most of the installable aftermarket consoles do.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being a jerk, it's just that I've suddenly come to the realization that I am going to be driving this car until it dies of exhaustion. I honestly don't mind this, I love my Yaris, but I need to update many of the internal components and exterior appearance so I can love this car until it dies.

Also if anyone has advice on where to post questions for DIY advice and how to not get my posts moved, I would appreciate it. I know it's probably something I'm doing wrong, so I'm not blaming the mods, I just want to know where to post stuff so it won't get moved.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks guys!
AshLilyNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Seems to me that you are both shopping and want to know if a part fits. Totally fair, in my opinion, for the post to be in "looking to buy", especially given this:

Quote:
Right now I'm looking at various center consoles.
I would suggest to the Mods that when a post is moved the OP receives a PM letting them know. Less jarring that way. I know, more work for you guys - sorry.

Our armrest does not provide a cupholder in the back (our old one did, but I can't get those any more). It does pivot out of the way without removing it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
axiom

Drives: 2007 Yaris
This one looks pretty good-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2010-To...344f5b&vxp=mtr
axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #7
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLilyNeko View Post
I'm not sure why my thread was moved into "looking to buy" because I'm really not.
I moved it here because it seems like you are looking to buy a center console. If you want me to move it somewhere else just let me know where. No biggie.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiom View Post
I bought this center console for my yarii - I'm very pleased with my purchase. Theres a little compartment that under the tray where I stash my ipod and cash. No one is the wiser.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote