Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
yaris9876

Drives: yaris hatch 07 640K original m
front end damage mystery

I hit some loose gravel last week on the front right with my Hatchback,07.
I made a major racket. Ever since I have a knocking sound in the front but no one has been able to ID the problem yet. It sounds like the soft knocking of a loose muffler but the
mechanics say nothing is loose and they were underneath it in a service pit.It also has a similar knock to a bad water pump bearing but no change yet in water temp. via scan gauge.
It seems to lessen when I press on the gas. There is also some tinny metal scraping off and on which I think might be a broken shock but the car doesnt look crooked at all.
The sound is in the front.
Anyone have an experience with something similar.???? thanks
yaris9876 is offline   Reply With Quote