Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
arothman

Drives: -
Unhappy Side curtain airbags not available?

My fiancee and I were just about to go get her a Yaris with Power Package. I read on the Consumer Reports site that the side curtain airbags were a significant improvement to the Yaris' otherwise poor side impact safety. Basically the difference between "you'll crack a rib" and "you'll be toast".

So we asked the dealer about pricing for a Yaris sedan with the airbags, and he said "there aren't any". That was about it... apparently there aren't any Yaris sedans in the entire USA with the side airbags. Is this totally crazy or is it really possible that Toyota advertises a safety feature that they don't actually manufacture and sell?

I don't think either of us would feel all that safe driving a car that's only rated 3 out of 5 on side crash, but if it's not an option I'm not sure what the next step is in the search for a new car... we really like the Yaris.

Any thoughts?

Drew
arothman is offline   Reply With Quote