Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
msfire671
ONE LOVE...YARiS LOVE!!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to msfire671 Send a message via Yahoo to msfire671
tigertecs...hmm

Hello everyone!

So I got my tigertechs installed maybe 2-3 months ago....I started to notice that the back seems a bit lower than the front, so I figured I had too much junk in my trunk and decided to take out my subs, (thought that would make a difference).

Obviously not, could it be that the springs were installed the wrong way or was there something else that should of been done. Friends of mine did it and I took it to them twice to check it out...but all was well.

I'm really hoping that I could get some advise, if nothing helps I may just go back to stock (which I reallly don't want)...

PLEASE HELP.
msfire671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
got pictures from underneath? Need to see if they weren't installed backwards.

also, hatchback or sedan?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
msfire671
ONE LOVE...YARiS LOVE!!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to msfire671 Send a message via Yahoo to msfire671
sedan...ill get some pictures soon.
msfire671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I think everyone who installs aftermarket springs in the sedan/vios gets a little lower height in back. This seems to be true regardless of the brand of spring. I believe there is a thread for spacers to fix the problem.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
Kamikaze1987

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I agree with the drop issues on the rear of the sedan... i got a drop of around 2.5" in the rear with the tigertec/tokico blue combo... probably gonna have to remove my hub spacers cuz im rubbin my 17s on almost every bump :(
Kamikaze1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
more weight over the rear wheels w/ a sedan. 2 feet more of body overhanging the rear wheels...not sure why everyone is surprised when lowering springs for the yaris drop the sedan more in the rear than on a hatchback - - all the springs say they're universal for the yaris, but i think were designed on/for the hatch?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Yeah they probably were, but it's still a problem I'd like to attend to. I can't find the thread about the spring spacers. Maybe we should make some
Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Can't you buy something that sits under the rear springs to raise the height
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
id like the ride height adjuster thing that coilovers have, The twisty ring thing....its early and iv been study for an accounting exam, cant get my mind to use words correctly.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
more weight over the rear wheels w/ a sedan. 2 feet more of body overhanging the rear wheels...not sure why everyone is surprised when lowering springs for the yaris drop the sedan more in the rear than on a hatchback - - all the springs say they're universal for the yaris, but i think were designed on/for the hatch?
Well its a bit confusing for some of us since we keep hearing the sedan is lighter then the Hatch...

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
lighter overall? maybe

but just look at the shear number of components supported by the rear suspension...
Old 06-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Spring stabilizers will raise it a bit, and also make it stiffer. Or you can do what I did and lower the front to match the rear with spring compressors. (the leave-in, mini kind.) Both options are under $20.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote