Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #19
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Yep an amp is the way to go. And i just took a wild guess at the wattage, but that's what most advertise 50 x 4 Max and 25 x 4 Rms, as to what is actual crystal clear sound and what is sound mixed with noise, that would be sqcomp's department to break it down for us.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
The Yaris is a noisy car. There's pretty much no sound-proofing put into it at the factory so I can accept not having crystal clear sound.

I just want more "definable" lows and mids. The JVC AVX77's setting allow me to get decent highs w/ just the stock speakers, but the middle and lower end is a little lacking, even w/ the 10" sub. and the high-pass filter turned off in the AVX77's menu.

So far, I see recommendations for Infinity Reference, Alpine Type S, and Hifonics. People on another forum are recommending Polk DBs.

I wish I could try them all to see which of them will give me the additional mids. and lows I'm looking for just by running them through the HU and not an additional amp..
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #21
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Good Luck bro, You're in for hours of research, and tons of information, Loll trust me i did hours and hours of research and searching till i just said " ta hell with it " and got My speakers. Let us know which route you go and if you're satisfied with your choice when you finally do choose.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
it's really hard to compare speakers. Even if you can track down a pair of each kind, if you don't listen to them in a car, installed they way you will have them installed, you might not be getting a realistic audition of them. In stores they are often installed in 1cuft sealed boxes which will give a different sound than if they were installed Infinite Bafffle in a car door. And they are also positioned better in the store walls too.

I would focus mostly on the tweeter aspect, there are few things worse than buying a pair of speakers with a tweeter that you just don't like. I personally stay away from most metalic tweeters because to me they sound to harsh/shrill usually. Other people love them.

As for the lower end midrange/midbass.... the speaker that is the least efficient, or has the smallest magnet will most likely be the speaker that has the most potential for the lower notes.... but these are generalizations. There are trade offs in speakers, and when it comes to low notes your options are small box, extended low range, or high efficiency. You can pick one or two, but you can't have a speaker that is good at all three. For door speakers we can pretty much build a speaker for a large box, and focus on the efficiency & low range.... however that is not always what the manufacturers do.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
IsLNdbOi

I guess I should get speakers then that have good mids and lows since I can always add tweeters later on.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #24
Malifabian

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2008
I got some infinity speaker that were under a hundred for the pair at Best Buy.
Malifabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #25
IsLNdbOi

Ok, so they were under $100. Do they fit any of the other criteria I'm looking for (mentioned in my various posts above)?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #26
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
If you have a SUB, don't try to make your other speakers play BASS.
It will only muddy them up at louder volumes.

Let the drivers reproduce the frequencies they were designed for.

If you are running low-watt deck power, you need a cheap efficient speaker.
Don't buy 100watt component speakers, those need more power than a deck puts out.

Try THESE:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...TS-G1643R.html

They sound nice on deck power, and they are CHEAP.

But as I said, don't expect them to play any BASS. Use your SUB for that.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #27
IsLNdbOi

Please read my posts above.