Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
jcooper

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2008 YRS
bizarre AUX cord issue

hey,

A couple of weeks ago, the cord i used to connect my ipod to my HU went haywire, the sound would keep cutting out, switching to one speaker etc and id have to jiggle it around to get full sound again. I assumed the cord had died because of the heat or something

Last night, it happened again with another AUX cable i had been using, it just started interfering with the music quality erratically.

Could this be from the ipod moving the cord around alot as i am driving? or just carelessness with the cord? im really stumped here!
jcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooper View Post
hey,

A couple of weeks ago, the cord i used to connect my ipod to my HU went haywire, the sound would keep cutting out, switching to one speaker etc and id have to jiggle it around to get full sound again. I assumed the cord had died because of the heat or something

Last night, it happened again with another AUX cable i had been using, it just started interfering with the music quality erratically.

Could this be from the ipod moving the cord around alot as i am driving? or just carelessness with the cord? im really stumped here!
could be the...
female jack in the car
female jack on the ipod
the cord itself

those are the most likely culprits... the other (tho very unlikely) culprits would be...
the deck
the op-amp inside the ipod
the speakers

my guess is the jack on the ipod or the jack in the car has become worn and doesn't make great contact anymore.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Check the cord for any damage. I bought a cheap aux cord to plug into my nano and the jack pretty much ripped off because when I unplugged it I just left it dangling and sometimes I would put something on top. Music would only come out from one speaker.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote