Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
i bought my car new and washed it, claybarred it, and used chemical guys butter wet wax. it hasnt peeled or done anything and its been subject to all seasons and bird poop. if its bubbling you can sand/ polish it down and respray it. paint gun and stuff can be had from stores/ the internet for cheap but your gonnan eed a compressor, cans are a little less expensive. a shop would be a good investment, if your DIY skill can be had from youtube. unfortunely these were designed as city cars first and light commuting and a cheap economy car, so your going to have things like that.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
Yeah mine was about the same... mainly the roof, door tops, and the rear hatch that started by the top edge by the glass.
My mirrors need a repaint because the color and clear coat were both ridiculously thin. They now look better than from the factory.

BTW, both bumpers are not effected. Both have heavy coats of paint from the factory.
Sounds pretty much the same as mine. Same spots affected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
i bought my car new and washed it, claybarred it, and used chemical guys butter wet wax.
Butter Wet Wax may have been one of the first three waxes I bought. And it's the only one I'd consider chucking in the garbage. Smells great, looks pretty good on the car, but just didn't last more than a week in my case.

If it's working out for you, though, keep using it :)

I ended up selling all my chemical guys products except the clay bars.

Your car being white, I wonder if Toyota was still using single stage paint (no clear coat) on it. With some white, some MFGs still use single stage paint systems instead of base coat/ clear coat systems
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blistering, clear, coat, roof