Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #37
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
did you see trd now has a rear sway bar for us?
Ya... I'm wondering how much that would cost. Perhaps double the price for the Progress bar?
Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #38
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by influx View Post
Ya... I'm wondering how much that would cost. Perhaps double the price for the Progress bar?
I would rather have a bar that is connected to the shock mount than the spring cup. Its probably considerably more than I am willing to spend though.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #39
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Both bars are going to be pretty much identical. It doesn't matter what part of the trailing arm you bolt up to, it's all one piece. I'm not even sure exactly where the Progress bar bolts up to yet, until I see a pic of the prototype.

I called 3 dealers and TRD-USA today and no one has a clue about a TRD sway bar? TRD-USA said "we don't make one" and when I asked "are you sure, because someone on the forums has it?" his reply is "maybe it's someone elses?"

One of the three dealers said they may be able to get one for the Sedan only and there's no ETA? I asked for the price (knowing that if it fits the Sedan it will fit the hatchback also) and he said retail is $260 and he would sell it to me for $240 plus tax... I really hate dealing with the dealers

If anyone that's on the list decides they don't want to wait for the Progress bar and want to try to get the TRD bar, that's fine. I'm planning to wait for the Progress bar, since it's most likely going to be very similar for half the price.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #40
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Both bars are going to be pretty much identical. It doesn't matter what part of the trailing arm you bolt up to, it's all one piece. I'm not even sure exactly where the Progress bar bolts up to yet, until I see a pic of the prototype.

I called 3 dealers and TRD-USA today and no one has a clue about a TRD sway bar? TRD-USA said "we don't make one" and when I asked "are you sure, because someone on the forums has it?" his reply is "maybe it's someone elses?"

One of the three dealers said they may be able to get one for the Sedan only and there's no ETA? I asked for the price (knowing that if it fits the Sedan it will fit the hatchback also) and he said retail is $260 and he would sell it to me for $240 plus tax... I really hate dealing with the dealers

If anyone that's on the list decides they don't want to wait for the Progress bar and want to try to get the TRD bar, that's fine. I'm planning to wait for the Progress bar, since it's most likely going to be very similar for half the price.

goes to show you what trd usa knows, sparks toyota has it listed now... and its cheap, you can take me off your preliminary list, I'm sticking with trd, thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #41
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Is progress planning to do springs and or coilovers as well or do you know?

If so, PM me. I'd be interested in donating my car for R&D

Ashley
Old 01-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #42
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
goes to show you what trd usa knows, sparks toyota has it listed now... and its cheap, you can take me off your preliminary list, I'm sticking with trd, thanks

The TRD bar was on the toyota site a couple months ago. It is not on there anymore, nor are the springs and struts. I have been very impressed with Progress suspension products in the past. I'm in for the Progress part.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #43
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
I had a Progress rear sway on my xB and it had no mounting points. It free floated and was attached to the underside of the swing arms. When I looked at my Yaris hatch on the rack it looked a lot smaller up in there so I'm not sure if there is enough clearance for a "free floating" sway.

BTW, the Progress worked miracles for the xB. Unless you just want to spend money, it's the only suspension mod you need.

Go ahead and put me on the list.

-- WOOF
Old 01-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #44
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Ok,I still havnt decided,I need to know some real demensions,because Ive got a 2.5" custom cat. back exhaust,and the piping sites lower,about an inch lower then stock,plus I have a fart can NOPI style muffler(actually sounds deep,almost like a flowmaster thunder series muffler)so I dont know if it will fit,but I guess you can put me on the list for now.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 AM   #45
03Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
Is progress planning to do springs and or coilovers as well or do you know?

If so, PM me. I'd be interested in donating my car for R&D

Ashley
I believe they have a test car already, they said so when I offered my car for the sway bar testing. I'll ask about springs and coilovers tomorrow.

Added woof and eco, removed punch.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #46
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
dumb question, but how exactly does the rear sway bar work when it is attached to the rear dead axle only?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #47
03Z33

Not dumb at all, the rear trailing arm is designed to twist, by adding the bar you are stiffening the arm and reducing the excess twist which will help minimize body roll and will help transfer weight to the outside wheel in turns.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #48
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
I decided to go with the TRD bar so you can take me off the list.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #49
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Let me know when there is a front/rear set and I'm all for it.

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
Old 01-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #50
03Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
I decided to go with the TRD bar so you can take me off the list.
removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyDaily View Post
Let me know when there is a front/rear set and I'm all for it.

I don't know if there are plans to do a front sway bar at this time, there are other front sway bars available from C-One, Cusco, etc... which will work well with this rear sway bar.

I just recieved an update from Progress and it seems that production is going to take longer than I originally estimated. The soonest we can see these finished bars is 12 weeks from now and I don't feel comfortable collecting anyones money for that long, so I'm going to put this on hold for now. Please continue to update me if you are interested, or if you want to be removed from the list, and I'll be updating everyone once the bars are closer to completion.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #51
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Does the yaris come with one stock? I didn't see one in the rear, I know we have one in the front though.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #52
03Z33

Yaris does not have rear sway bar stock.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #53
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
wow 12 weeks, dam. I can see more than a few goin with TRD now.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #54
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Yaris does not have rear sway bar stock.
Thanks, so do you have a aftermarket rear one installed? I bet it would make a tremendous diference.
Closed Thread