Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #1
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Drill hole through firewall

I have read some posts where behind the battery there is the wire harness.

The only way I can see putting/getting a wire through there is removing the whole dash unit.

Has anyone here drilled there own hole.I might just get a pro do drill ahole.I remember my 2 other cars had quite a few easy spots to put a wire through but never seen anything like this.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
There is a large 1-2" diameter black rubber cover right behind the battery. The large wiring harness goes through it into the cabin. You can barely see if but you can pierce it with a coat hanger and when the coatr hanger it half way through tape your wires to it and pull the coat hanger from the cabin. The hanger will come in above the clutch pedal.

I did this for my gauges and it was fine. The pita is to find it and get the coat hanger through it when you've never done it before. I'd avoid drilling if possible
Old 04-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Passenger side foot well has a hole with a grommet in it that blitz guys use to run the controller wiring out to the engine bay.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&postcount=116
Old 04-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
Pinchlite

Its not worth the hassle.I just called the local audio install place and $60.00 its done.I was willing to pay $100.00 so $60.00 is not bad.

Appreciate the replys though.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
It only took me like 10 minutes and I was able to 1/0 oversized wire through that grommet on the drivers side.

Did they drill a hole? Any pics?
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #6
Pinchlite

I gave it one more shot and got it! (tmontague)

I pushed coat hanger through where that black plastic box is behind battery.Then I looked up under dash after removing black plastic cover thing above feet.Atached/taped wire to hanger and pulled through.I have the in-line fuse connected and wire run to the back where amp is.

I got ground from shock tower rear panel.I drilled hole through plastic to feed wire.Drilled nice hole through metal,sanded real well and attached wire there with round metal doohicky thing and machined metal screw.Really tight and solid and wont ever come loose.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
Pinchlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
There is a large 1-2" diameter black rubber cover right behind the battery. The large wiring harness goes through it into the cabin. You can barely see if but you can pierce it with a coat hanger and when the coatr hanger it half way through tape your wires to it and pull the coat hanger from the cabin. The hanger will come in above the clutch pedal.

I did this for my gauges and it was fine. The pita is to find it and get the coat hanger through it when you've never done it before. I'd avoid drilling if possible
Got it thanks.

I was kind of in a shitty mood(Odd day at work)Took your advice and gave it a another go.Thanks.