Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
Flammable

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Where is the Auto tranny dipstick on 2012 Yaris

Hi everyone, does the 2012 Yaris have a dipstick for the auto transmission and if so where is it located. I have looked high and low but cannot find one anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #2
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
It is located to the left of the air cleaner filter box when you are looking into the engine compartment. There is a metal clip to hold it in. At about 10 o'clock at the end of my finger, you can see a little white square. That's the top of the clip caught by the camera flash. You can see the little 'T' shaped top of the dipstick just above my finger. The clip holds the base of the stick in the transmission filler tube. This is my 2013 Yaris L - it's GOT to be the same...Please pardon the dust on my plastic air intake tube, I'm bad!
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Flammable

Wow thanks a heap you rock! I just checked and sure enough its right there. I can't believe I missed it. I guess it was because I was used to looking for yellow or red colored handles and that one is black and blended in. Pulled it out and fluid is nice and pink and right level for cold engine. Also noticed sticker on dipstick that says "ATF never needs changing under normal use". Toyota dealership recommends changing every 60k miles hmmm. Nice pic there also and don't worry about the dusty air box, i have never cleaned my engine bay and I have 33800 miles so far but tomorrow if it gets warm enough I am going to clean the engine bay on both my Yaris and Mustang.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

LOL - I'm kidding about the dust...I'll have had it 2 years this April 11, and it will still have less then 10,000 miles by then! I friggin' love this car, it is so Point A to Point B - yeah, the stick kinda blends in a bit, but I knew it was there so I though, I'll take a picture for him!
Yeah, Toyota says life-time trans. fluid. - NOT, Change it out. There are posts here to show you how to do it yourself. You should always keep the fluids clean - My Canon takes awesome photos. It's a 2003 A400 PowerShot - Canon makes AWESOME cameras. Glad I was of help, I do love this forum - Check out the posts, TONS of very useful info here!
Old 03-06-2015, 09:49 PM   #5
Flammable

Thanks again for all your help. One other question, do you happen to know what the cold cranking amps of the factory battery is? I purchased an electronic battery tester and I need to plug in that number to get an accurate test. Yes thanks for taking time to take and post pic that camera sounds awesome. I do like doing my own maintenance when I can and will check out the site for doing tranny fluid change. I love this forum too, best Yaris Forum on the net lol
Old 03-07-2015, 08:48 AM   #6
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Clueless to the cold cranking amps. Not a lot of info. that I can find out there on the stock battery company. Mine is some off-beat brand from Japan.... Furukawa Battery Co. - FB Hi-Dash - Probably a small Japanese supplier brand.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
CCA 550 amps I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #8
Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Clueless to the cold cranking amps. Not a lot of info. that I can find out there on the stock battery company. Mine is some off-beat brand from Japan.... Furukawa Battery Co. - FB Hi-Dash - Probably a small Japanese supplier brand.
Yeah I think that is what my battery is too, its the factory battery. I looked all over it with out taking it out and couldnt see any CCA info. Thank you anyway. I bought a new digital battery tester from Harbor Freight and i have to plug the CCA number in to get an accurate reading.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #9
Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
CCA 550 amps I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet and thanks so much!