Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Mi intake manifold

So, i finally bit the bullet and dropped some hard earned money on a MicroImage intake manifold and just finished installing it. No dyno atm, possibly in the future. Butt dyno feels a nice linear tourque curve in the mid range right to the top, i feel like i may have lost a little in the bottom end but it really comes alive above 3800 right to the end and doesnt seem to get flat at 5800 like it used to. I really wish i could get this thing tuned and id really feel the benefits of all the bolt ons i have done. I am very happy with the manifold, i just wish it could have been about $150 cheaper, but i am in business and i know how this works... No one would make much money if it was any cheaper.

Fit and finish is incredible. Nice welds, came with all the gaskets, longer hoses and even some longer screws to space out the upper rad hose (i used two rubber bushings to space out the hose in conjunction with the longer screws). Install was super easy and i have no cel or leaks.. Perfect.

It looks awesome under the hood, sounds wicked when you open it up and definitly provided an increase. Like i said though, with a proper tune this would be a much more worthy investment. All in all i am happy. Also, i have only been driving it for about an hour and the ecu is relearning, so im assuming a bit more oomph after the ecu adjusts to my manic driving habits. Enjoy the pics!

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...

Last edited by aspro; 10-21-2015 at 08:29 PM.
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Man, i'm jealous. Good for you on grabbing it, I didn't think it would last long on ebay when I saw it the other day.

I was really set on this for next summer but after feeling my difference in my ported stock intake w/ the 1zz TB I don't think it's worth it at all anymore (although I looks a lot nicer than the stock intake).

What TB are you running with it?

If you're ever west of TO let me know i'd like to take a look at your set up, especially especially coilovers.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
aspro

Thanks man. Im currently running the stock tb. I was worried about oscilatiob, high revs etc if i swapped it out. Maybe next summer i will get it done. I asked garm to order me an intake mani that was ported for a 1zz tb and he said he was but that never happened.

Where abouts in the gta are you?

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 10-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
tmontague

It's definitely a worthwhile mod especially for the cheap cost. It should pair up nicely with your intake manifold.

I have had zero issues with mine since install and that's with keeping th coolant running to it. I just swapped the chip and backed off the idle screw. The Change in throttle response is awesome, especially at higher speeds.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #5
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
It's definitely a worthwhile mod especially for the cheap cost. It should pair up nicely with your intake manifold.

I have had zero issues with mine since install and that's with keeping th coolant running to it. I just swapped the chip and backed off the idle screw. The Change in throttle response is awesome, especially at higher speeds.
Nice! Where did you get your tb from? Junkyard or new? Which tb# did you get?

Old 10-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
LTHatch

Drives: 2013 Yaris Hatchback L
Beautiful setup! With those supporting mods on your list your Yaris must really move. Hows the top end 80+ pull with the MI intake manifold?
LTHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Nice! Where did you get your tb from? Junkyard or new? Which tb# did you get?
Found mine on ebay 1-1/2 years ago new for $65 usd plus $25 shipping.

An old thread with good info http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=1zz

#22030-0D030

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...0D030&_sacat=0

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:19 AM   #8
tmontague

$45 off of ebay, I was a used and I had to clean it up a bit. Code was 0D031 that's why I did the chip swap, due to the apparent issues w/ the 31 vs the 30. I did it as preventative since I didn't want to have to take the tb off the car once installed to then swap out the chip if I had an issue

Last edited by tmontague; 10-23-2015 at 07:39 AM.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #9
Rigaud

Quote:
$45 off of ebay. Code was 0D031 that's why I did the chip swap, due to the apparent issues w/ the 31 vs the 30. I did it as preventative since I didn't want to have to take the tb off the car once installed to then swap out the chip if I had an issue
I swapped the chip on mine anyway, it's the best way to go no matter. zero issues and it's been 1-1/2 years. I also want to do more on mine eventually but one car at a time. lol

Old 10-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #10
tmontague

Do the manifold port mod, it costs under $20 and it is absolutely worth it!
Old 10-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #11
Rigaud

Quote:
Do the manifold port mod, it costs under $20 and it is absolutely worth it!
I have a 1ZZ intake manifold sitting in my shop, just no time lately since I'm re doing the body on my Subaru GT. Yaris is going in winter storage soon.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #12
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Wow!! Looks nice! I've been looking for one to go with my 1zz throttle body for a whille. (should get to installing it one of these days) Too bad it's so darn expensive...