Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-09-2016, 04:38 AM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Performance Pistons?

i suppose to swap prius pistons but there isnt a shop thats willing to do the labor...so i found a shop that has these pistons..anybody heard of YCP? supposely a very populaw swap for hondas but i guess they have them for 1nz...i saw line of honda dudes getting this piston for their engine...
anyways what does these cast pistons suppose to do...can take more earlier timing or able to take more beating? fuel? i never understand these pistons..
i only understand them when your turbo and increase boost for maximum performance but whats in it for N/A?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
they seem ok. and you can order from the factory and get local shipping!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #3
alias06

Drives: 2008 Red Toyota Yaris
Pistons are normally used/changed for a few reasons, either due to going forced induction or to get higher compression ratios.

By going forced induction (turbo, supercharger, nitrous) you'd typically would want a piston that is forged because it will take the increase in the cylinder pressures better, also when you go FI the CR is usually decreased to compensate for the increase in CR due to the FI.

Going the NA route, you'd typically change pistons because you would want to increase the CR so that there is more pressure to push down the pistons during combustion. IIRC that is what the pruis piston swap is supposed to do.

Cast pistons probably won't do much more than your stock pistons unless they are increasing the CR, but even then you would be far better off with forged pistons if you were to go that route.
alias06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:08 AM   #4
TRD SPEC

Drives: Ncp42
force induction piston has lower compression ratio and for a na low compression would not fit well lower compression means lower power.
TRD SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote