Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #37
ToyotaBuzz

Drives: 2010 Hatch
I'm with Phil. Lets get some numbers on a long tube header.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #38
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
GB with me and Buzz

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #39
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
I could probably reproduce a long tube header for about $800 give or take, if I make it out of mild steel. This would be a header only and not a complete exhaust.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #40
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
xnamerxx i remember you sayin you were going to try and R&D some long tube headers. Are you only making the one set currently on the car? I would be interested in them if youd like to go into a small production.
I doubt you could find any company that could build and sell a long tube for the Yaris for under $1500, the volume simply isn't there.

I looked into it when I was starting mine, and the cost to be the first unit was just insane - it would have required selling about 25 units just to cover the "R&D" with the vendor I spoke to. And what was really lame about that was I was bringing the design to them. Instead I sourced the parts, and design specs, and had xnamerxx fabricate it. Still would be extremely costly to replicate.

These are also not a bolt on affair, so you are modifying the rest of the exhaust to make it fit.

But it sure is pretty and makes some great numbers.

Last edited by Jason@SportsCar; 02-24-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Jason@SportsCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #41
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Yeah basically what Jason said, when I initially made my first header I looked into having the tubes recreated, I needed 75 bend minimum order, for them to even take the job. The initial run was going to be prohibitively expensive to bring into production so I decided against it.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:30 PM   #42
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I currently have a custom straight pipe exhaust fab'd by my local exhaust shop. Due to FL laws apparently you can only delete the cat if the car gets trailered in so they chopped it for me right after the cat and welded there.

From my experience, most LT/race headers cover the span of the piping past the cat with either a straight pipe or a hi flo cat. That would mean I could probably fit the LT header with minimal hacking of my current exhaust setup.

If gains are as positive as you say xnamerxx then $800 could be worth it but i doubt $1500 would ever be worth it lol

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #43
ToyotaBuzz

I'd really like to see dyno charts to realize the cost-benefit-analysis. $800 is no joke.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #44
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Thats what kept me from making more. The gains were not enough for me to justify making more because of the expense.

On my motor I saw a roughly 6 hp gain at peak and a 5ft torque at peak. But those numbers only tell part of the story, At 2k I saw almost 15tq and +5min throughout the entire tq band. Now those numbers are already on top of a DC header, so its not exactly stock gains.
All I can say is that I love the header so much I spent a great deal of money figuring out how to get the stock muffler to mate up with it so I wouldn't have to take it off.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #45
ToyotaBuzz

You have a long-tube header mated to a stock muffler? My stock muffler was SOOO restrictive on the HP when I installed my weapon-R and Nitto mid-pipe. Butt dyno was enormous after installing my TRD muffler.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #46
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Yes the car doesn't feel as peppy when I run the stock muffler after 5k, but most of the time it really doesn't matter, I'm almost never above 5k and what I really care about is low end grunt. After I installed the header I almost never have to downshift in traffic, because I can lug it in 5th without the car feeling like turd.
When I'm racing that's a different story but truth be told I'm still almost never above 6k and more often then not I'm between 3-5 which is where I want my torque band so the car moves.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #47
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Thats what kept me from making more. The gains were not enough for me to justify making more because of the expense.

On my motor I saw a roughly 6 hp gain at peak and a 5ft torque at peak. But those numbers only tell part of the story, At 2k I saw almost 15tq and +5min throughout the entire tq band. Now those numbers are already on top of a DC header, so its not exactly stock gains.
All I can say is that I love the header so much I spent a great deal of money figuring out how to get the stock muffler to mate up with it so I wouldn't have to take it off.
Is it possible for you to post the chart for your header so I could compare it to my baseline dyno?

Thanks,

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #48
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

I'll post my old dyno, but its not an apples to apples comparison. New motor makes more power, but I don't have a copy of those numbers.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #49
Car Freak
I've made a post!

Drives: 2012 yaris sedan
Headers

Greetings, still these headers 4 sale
Car Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #50
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
^ it appears to be sold, Car Freak. On page 2.

the thread turned into a header talk :)
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #51
Pavlos
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Vitz Trd - 2004
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Feeler looking at selling some of spare parts I don't need.

I have a genuine authentic TRD header for the Yaris that has less than 400 miles on it. This part is pretty rare and really hard to come by asking $440.

Hello my friend i would to ask you if u can help and answer my on my email which is : pavlos4ever1@hotmail.com
I have a toyota vitz trd 1.5 turbo , manual , model 2004 , 2 door i like your manifold , mine have broken and i wana buy some new but not the factory ones some good and high perfomance manifolds , such those that u post here, the trd ones , they look some awesome and am sure they give more horse power and efficiency on the car ! Hope you help me with that and find some for me 2 !
Thanks , will wait your answer as soon as you can !
Pavlos Trd
Pavlos is offline   Reply With Quote