Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
reggaetonfreak
El Yoe

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Arrow Did a military rule cost a soldier's life?

Please watch this video and comment. The soldier in this video gave his life for our country, and the it was the ARMY's fault why he died. I felt so sad by this event. I got back from Afghanistan 10 months after this happen, and I got to say, thank god nothing happened to me, because I would hate to be in this persons shoes. Most respect for Our Troops!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbASVr8HAxY

Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Vid couldn't load
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
yeah thats fucked up
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
This could turn into a political mess on here quick. I appreciate the feelings and sympathy for the soldier's family, but speaking from being in those types of situations and others like it while deployed both as a soldier and as a contractor I agree with Campbell. Taking the cross of a bird would not save more lives, it would most likely cost more. There are a lot of dynamics involved in combat and those that sit at home watching news footage just don't have a real clue what is truly involved.

My fellow veterans and active duty soldiers may agree or disagree, but that is just my take on it. Even just 10 years ago he very well would have died even sooner than he did without today's training and battlefield medical advancements. I am also not saying that a better solution could not have been in place nor implemented in the future.

It is sad that sometimes people die for others to learn and realize what can be done to improve the battlefield, but that is the way that it is. He died with honor and very well could have saved the lives of his brothers in the process. A soldier could not ask for a better death.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
I feel so bad for this soldier, and if I was in his shoes, I'd want them to say screw the rules too... but if you can't make exceptions, because everyone would say "how come this soldier got the exception, but this one didn't?"

It's part of the contract we sign, and we know we can die doing our job. Some make the ultimate sacrifice, and for those men and women who do, I'm proud to say I serve and will do everything I can as well for my country.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinlee View Post
It's part of the contract we sign, and we know we can die doing our job. Some make the ultimate sacrifice, and for those men and women who do, I'm proud to say I serve and will do everything I can as well for my country.
well said

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote