Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Exclamation How things can go to shit..........

Caution, not for the faint hearted. Read the post before watching the video:

Listen to what the idiot was stopped for. No biggie. In the Blink of an Eye... The officer emptied his semiautomatic in retaliation! Darn good shooting from somebody that just got the crap scared out of him! A coroners jury ruled that Hamilton, Montana, Police Officer Ross Jessop was justified in killing a man during a late night traffic stop. It took a six woman jury an hour to rule that Officer Ross justifiably shot and killed Raymond Thane Davis after Davis shot at him. The five hours of testimony included this chilling video recording of the shooting made by the police car dash camera.

Davis first tried shooting Officer Jessop in the face from a few inches away. The click of Davis's revolvers hammer hitting a previously fired round was audible on the tape. Davis then shot again as Officer Jessop retreated and drew his own weapon. Watch this one twice (at least) to get the FULL bone chilling effect. It'll make your hair stand up! As indicated earlier, this happened in Hamilton, Montana. Just shows how fast things can go to crap. If you listen close, the first time the suspect pulled the trigger it went click.

They found out later that the hammer fell on a spent case in the revolver. The outcome would have been much different if there had been a live round in the cylinder. The driver of the vehicle (suspect) died of his wounds after being hit, then driving into a telephone pole after he sped away. Never let your guard down, stay calm and shoot straight as many times as you have bullets. Reload as required.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
WOW! That guy must have had an outstanding warrant.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Or he was just some asshole that respected no higher authority than himself. If you draw down on a police officer, you should expect to die.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Or he was just some asshole that respected no higher authority than himself. If you draw down on a police officer, you should expect to die.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 07-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Like as well!

So the next time you encounter a police officer, whatever the reason, remember that they are always at full situational awareness because of incidents like this.

Be nice, cooperative and don't make any sudden moves or do anything without the officer knowing about it first (such as reaching for your wallet).

Cheers! M2
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Wow... what a miracle to have the revolver cycle to a spent casing. And what a well trained officer to be able to draw down and empty his service weapon into the car so quickly.

I love frontier justice.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Like as well!

So the next time you encounter a police officer, whatever the reason, remember that they are always at full situational awareness because of incidents like this.

Be nice, cooperative and don't make any sudden moves or do anything without the officer knowing about it first (such as reaching for your wallet).

Cheers! M2
Like your comments too.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Wow... what a miracle to have the revolver cycle to a spent casing. And what a well trained officer to be able to draw down and empty his service weapon into the car so quickly.

I love frontier justice.
Like yours as well.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Thank you Mad Dog. Incident could have easily occured in my town the way things are going. I always carry with a reload. I will add that where I live seeing a video from an officer's in car cam would never be viewable by the public the way this one is. Seems my great locale deems that stuff as part of an "on-going investigation" or all of a sudden part of the officers "personal file" thus not available under the "Freedom of Information" act.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
completely justified, after just getting out of military service I would have reacted the same way, maybe even added a reload and aim to it.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
charlieXX
Corporate Slave

Drives: 2010 Yaris YX aka "Cutie"
Good Riddance and Happy the LEO is Safe and Unharmed.

CharlieXX: Independent Pinoy Yaris Owner in Riyadh...... Not connected to any organization and don't NEED to.
Keep your ride rockin and rollin
charlieXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
i agree 100 %

If you get pulled over and you just cooperate with the cop, and act respectful. you wont get problems. its the morons that start getting nervous moving around funny while their stoped and what not, that encounter problems
Old 07-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
LA Yaris
Yaris323

Drives: 09 Sedan Yaris 06 Ford Mustang
God was watching over that officer..
LA Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
TPA5
Wait, what?

Drives: NULL
Looks like we got one less scumbag in the world. Good on the officer, I would have done the same in that situation.

(Well, not really. Can't carry guns where I live, so I would have gotten shot in the face, then the murder would have lol'd and driven away.)
TPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Dumb fuck had it coming
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post

I love frontier justice.
amen to that. I wish could have more of it, instead of this cowardly send everyone to jail crap. if you commit a crime you should be deported or executed. the people shouldn't have to give you a place to live and free meals for a long time.

but there are far too many bad cops doing dumb things lately for me to like them. Especially over July 4th week, they've done some things that really make me want to say screw the police.