Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
ronnyromero
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris sedan
best way to spend $3k

hi, i'm not that expert with yaris/vitz, but i'm getting one in 2 months (2007 manual, sedan) and i'd like to know what would be the best way to spend $3,000US on it. I've heard it can go up to 150hp pretty easy. I'm not going for any major engine changes but maybe some parts replacements for aftermarket lighter ones, intake, exhaust, engine mounts, anything that can do a change but wont harm the engine...you tell me. Forget about labor, i can get anything done almost for free (dont ask), it's the parts prices and needs i'm interested.

I already had a sunfire with something around 5k in parts (i crashed and sold it) and i currently have an AWD 98 eclipse with 12k in parts (this is my baby).

This yaris will be a daydriver and mostly used for job, and since gas is getting expensive i want to keep the engine intact, but anything else that can help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ronnyromero; 12-24-2006 at 01:11 PM. Reason: forgot something
ronnyromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
You could start with one of the "performance packages" from Bulletproof:

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=5596

This will get you intake filter, springs, exhaust, upper and lower braces and the BIBLE all for $790!

Then you'll still have $2200 left over for a steering wheel, shift knob, and some wheels and tires
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
150 sure won't be easy. At risk of sounding like a total prick I am going to recommend you buy a different car if your interested in more straight line speed.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
From my experience with your engine, forget 150 N/A hp with only 3k.Better spend them on a turbo.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
supercharge.

end of story
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
supercharge.

end of story
ya you probably could get some one to put it in too
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
Where did you hear it was gonna be easy to get the yaris to 150HP pretty easy?? I've already got a short ram air intake, headers, full cat back exhaust, and i dont think my car is near 150 hp at all =\... keep in mind that the whp of the car is in the 70-80 whp range.. id be happy to get 100 whp with only NA products
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
Katana

Well said...
Old 12-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #9
DTM_Yaris
Turbo Yaris

Drives: 07 PW Yaris
Turbo kit will yield great results. You are in the right price range.
DTM_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:05 AM   #10
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
I think

Well the stock motor has 106hp at flywheel so that would be what 91hp at wheels? So with header,exhuast,cai you could easly get 100hp at wheels if not 110. Course that is if the whp is 15% less than the flywheel hp like I am told.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:31 AM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
OK here's what you do... I'll PM you my paypal account, transfer all the money there, and I will send you a dyno sheet showing your Yaris doing 200whp deal?

But seriously, you'd have to go for forced indiction, this engine is already tuned pretty much to the max in stock form.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Katana

The japanese version of your engine, give out 120hp N/A fully tuned, so don't expect hp without turbo/supercharger!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #13
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan

Heres the dyno chart from WeaponR, stock vs inake. look what the stock whp and torque is..
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #14
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
According to that chart the stock car did 91lb/ft and 84whp which isn't bad at all... keep in mind that these numbers are SAE corrected and this is a dynopack dyno (crap )

It's also interesting to note that the car with the intake only made 2lb/ft and 3whp peak gains. The area of the chart that WR highlight are where the differences are greatest, but are not where peak power is made.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 PM   #15
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Lets assume the best case scenario, that he was saying 150 at the flywheel. That would be 127 to the wheels, or a 50 HP increase. With 3 grand? Hmm.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see the dyno sheet, but as an example I had before expected 4 WHP from the Megan header. After putting it on and playing with it a bit, I've pretty much doubled my expectations. I think some of the stock hardware on the Yaris is so restrictive its ridiculous, and when you go to modify the basic intake/exhaust portion of the car, you see larger gains both because of the smart design of the new piece and the stupid design of the old.

This would explain why dngz saw 11 HP from a Weapon R product, and why I feel such a huge difference with just a header installed.

Knowing that, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you got 20 WHP from an intake and a full exhaust. That leaves 30 HP to go, and you haven't even touched that 3 grand. Some internals and a remap and you're there. You may even have some money left over to play with.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
yes but you'll spend a grand on header, catback and intake..

$2000 for "ingternals" ? that dont even exist yet? i am not saying it's impossible but you're looking for a grand for a good head job, and at least that for custom pistons (rods already on their way) .. then count your labor for engine rebuild..

and lmfao 20HP from a intake and exhaust? you're on drugs dude, 20hp is more like a big V8 number..
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #17
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
First of all, a grand on an intake and an exhaust in PANAMA?! C'mon man. I'd suppose you could get both for $800 in socal! It ain't like here in the midwest. We get raped.

Second of all, there are no engine internals for the 1NZ-FE? That is suspicious. Wonder what these are.

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...products_id=76

Third of all, I am NOT on drugs. Which sucks.

You can laugh all you want at that 20 HP number, and even I will admit it sounds so optimistic its silly, but I'm telling you dude... that stock header I pulled off was so lame its incredible. Bottom line is we could sit here and argue all day about who is right and who isn't, but the dyno doesn't lie and I'll be down there soon to find out what that header gave me. All I know is that WR dyno sheet seems to be the real deal, and 11 WHP on an intake sounds stupid, but maybe the stock parts are just that shitty. You're telling me if dngz puts a header-back exhaust on he won't see 9 fucking WHP? Have you seen the stock axle back?!

Last edited by ChinoCharles; 12-25-2006 at 02:38 PM.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
getting to 100hp is "easy".

getting to 150hp n/a... you better be prepared for some serious rebuilding :)

and yes, internals can be had! there are alot of these motors around, its inevitable that someone will want to make power with one, and its inevitable that someone will want to make $ selling that guy some parts!

demand it and supply will follow :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote