Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Anyone in the bay area good with stereos/amps install?

?
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
not me sorry.
did you ask Taylor?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Taylor's GREAT at stereo installs.....(starts thinking about night before Toyotafest haha...joking Taylor)

i know a few shops, but no one person in particular
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
i installed my stereo set up and amp but it got stolen, my new set up is weak, but its fairly easy on these lil cars i can definitely help u out if you would like

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Well my situation is i have a 4 channel amp memphis audio. My deck is a pioneer. my front speakers are memphis components 6.5. And rear i have i just put in tangbang 6x9.

The rear woofers i hooked up sound extremly weak like there is no sound at all. Then i ran them in series and they sounded better but still kinda weak my front components had more bass. Then i tried to bridge the 2 rear channel and run the 2 subs in series and it sounded better but now when the bass hits my speakers crackle so i quickly put everything back to the way it was.

I am thinking its possible my amplifier is underpowered or its not bridgeable. If so I need help on what to purchase to make my setup work the way i want it to.

Also i notice on the back of my deck it has 6 outputs front and rear channel plus 2 output for subs. Should i be taking the 2 rear outputs and plug them into the sub outputs so i have purely bass going to the rear subs also that way i can control the subs through the deck.

I really dont know the first thing about stereo. Would like someone if they could take a look at what i got and see if it just needs to be tweaked to work or i need to purchase gear. I can trade stereo parts for service i have some subs and another amp. Or yaris parts or cash of course. I would rather have someone i could trust take a look at it then take it to a stereo shop to tell me they need to rip everything out rewire it when that may not be nessisary.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I'd move the subs to the sub outputs. But I'd also power the sub separately from the regular speakers.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Taylor's GREAT at stereo installs.....(starts thinking about night before Toyotafest haha...joking Taylor)

i know a few shops, but no one person in particular
. O shady

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #8
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
If you ever in the Monterey Area theres a store here called Car-Tunes ... I haven't had any stereo work done there yet but everyone I know speaks really well of them! They did seem pretty friendly when I had them machine a rocker switch into a piece of dash... didn't even charge me! Looking around they do seem a lil pricy though (but then again I'm really cheap! lol)
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote