Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > Micro Image
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
k guys, "detroiter" is the winner. Like I said, I wish I had more of these, thank you for posting up!
-- with a favorable review, I will get more of these in stock, and they will be the least expensive spring choice I offer.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
Pitt Yaris

Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Congrats to detroiter.....expecting many before and after pics.
Pitt Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I'm going to give them a good thorough review. The roads here in Metro Detroit offer everything from smooth roads to killer car eater sized potholes and rough pavement (more of the latter lol). I drive alot too, city and freeway as well as driving civil and I'm not shy about giving the car a little bit of hell here and there as well. I'm going to be getting some Tokico's very soon here to pair up with these springs so I'll be installing them at the same time. With an 1.5" drop and what seems to be a REAL stiff spring rate, I'm looking forwards to testing these. Not too low of a drop and not real high either, should be perfect for what I had in mind.

I'll be sure to let you guys know the good and the bad, which I'm hoping there will be none of that, and I'll definately be taking pictures as well.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #22
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Ooh, I'm looking forward to this review!
Garm - are these springs that you might be carrying in the future? What's the brand, by the way?
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

"TigerTec" -- it's a chinese company, same one that produces the front sway bars I have in stock. They look to be very good quality and I was curious about the nice high spring rate.

The truth is in the real world, so if these are good, I'll order more to keep in stock.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Congrates detroiter, looking forward too your review .
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Congrats.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #26
detroiter

The springs just arrived in the mail. They look REALLY good and just by me alone trying to compress them a bit, I can tell these things are pretty stiff. I'll take a picture of them later tonight and post it up. Thanks again Garm!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #27
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
r these going to stay the same price 80$ shipped if u get more garm?
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #28
Pitt Yaris

Definitely lookin forward to these pics. Didn't you have other lowering springs on your car? Maybe some comparison shots too.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 AM   #29
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

They will be more than $80 a set, but cheaper than our other spring offerings. Looking forward to the review and pics!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #30
detroiter

I got the main course meal today, including desert :)

The springs are real beauties! And to my delight, I got another box of goodies not too long after the springs showed up. I can only imagine what my neighbors must be thinking, seeing UPS show up with a big box...then like an hour or so later, FedEx shows up with another big box haha.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #31
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
so stock everything to china springs + tokico blues? i thought the point was to see how they preformed vs stock?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #32
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Drives: Powered Roller Skate
Send a message via AIM to ztrack157 Send a message via MSN to ztrack157 Send a message via Yahoo to ztrack157
^Yah what the heck. He just defeated the purpose of the discount. How can we get a true review of the springs now? I guess I'll stick with my megans until a stocker buys them and writes a review. The other thing is this guy sold off his TRD springs.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #33
detroiter

The thing is I never even had the TRD's installed on my car, not really sure what that has to do with anything anyways. And if you read the original post from Garm, I don't see a single mention that the springs are to be reviewed with STOCK shocks/struts, do you? I sure don't. Springs are going to be springs. If they are good, they will show. If they are not worthy, that will come to light as well, regardless of choice of shock. I'll be writing a review how they perform regardless because that's what the spring test is about and that is what WILL happen. They WILL be tested under multiple driving conditions and I WILL be relaying the information of how they hold up, as that's what the test was based on in the first place...not about what shocks I have.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 AM   #34
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Don't mind them they are just jealous , we all know you are worthy
i would normally say as well ,
Just get them on and tested so i can buy some , but i just got
the TRD setup ,
but will still be waiting to read your revision and thoughts about them.

1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #35
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

READ POST #1.

Then read post #21:

Quote:
I'm going to be getting some Tokico's very soon here to pair up with these springs so I'll be installing them at the same time.
thebarber, I believe you have aftermarket springs now, so your review would not have been from stock to Chinese, either.

Looking forward to the review!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #36
Pitt Yaris

When do you think you'll have them on and be able to show pics and have a review detroiter?