Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Drives: 2013 Yaris 3-Door LE ~Pearl~
Wink Random thought thread. Anything goes.

I see this on all the forums I'm a part of. Figured after going through pages, I didn't see one here. Let me start...

Working 6 days a week and 10 hours a day gets old. I really want to go out driving my new Yaris. Instead I'm pretty much chained to my desk.
I will end up going broke thanks to eBay and all the accessories for my Pearl...
Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Car in Body shop.. Out to find every deer I can to take revenge on that one dumbass. Need turbo.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
JC Penney needs to tack on an additional 2 cents to each item for sale so that they can you toilet paper that doesn't literally rib/tear the crap of out your a$$

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

LOL. Be glad the JC Pennys near you has toilet paper.
For some reason people always steal the TP out of the department stores.
I always wonder how they get it out of the dispensers.
It got so bad I used to carry around a stash of tissues just in case.

The day I got my Yaris I was driving near a field and a deer was just standing there staring at me.
I slowed to a crawl and dealt with getting honked at. No way was it ruining my day.
I'm sorry to hear it ruined yours though.

PS: Deer jerky is delicious.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Ryze268

Drives: 2002 JDM Vitz 1.3
I was going to turbo my auto 2nzfe however after some research that idea was quickly shut down. I think I am going to slam it as much as my bad roads allow me then settle for a life of RICE
Ryze268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

I'm getting way too far ahead of myself here.
I haven't even had my car a month and I'm already thinking of all the things I'm going to do to it.
I should just slow down and enjoy it a little more...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
Some of the simpler mods make the car so much more enjoyable. springs and sway bar go a long ways. (relatively inexpensive)

when I was young, there was a store called peebles (not sure if they are still around) and they would charge you a dime to use the restroom. there was a little thing on the door knob that you put the dime in and turned to actuate the lock. I came from a family of 6 so mom would hold the door and everyone would use the women's restroom for a dime. we were (and still are) so cheap.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Oh wow. Yeah I see those "Pay per use" bathrooms sometimes at rest stops.
They are a quarter now. =P

I'm just worried about voiding my warranty. I got a 6 year 65K extended one. Hmm...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
F** my warranty.. before I hit 300 miles when I bought my car, I drove it that same weekend 3 hours away for an autocross event. Been doing autocross every month since. I just broke 45k last month
Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
we were (and still are) so cheap.
Whether one has a dollar or billions, squeezing value out of a dollar is almost always a good thing! I wear my frugality like a badge of honor !
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
I'm just worried about voiding my warranty. I got a 6 year 65K extended one. Hmm...
I doubt you'll need it, but (given the issues you've had with your Kia) I can understand why you decided to get the extended warranty.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
F** my warranty.
I agree....but you either need to know how to fix an issue yourself, have the money to pay someone else to do the repair, or have other vehicles to ensure you won't be more than temporarily stranded.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Some of the simpler mods make the car so much more enjoyable. springs and sway bar go a long ways. (relatively inexpensive)

when I was young, there was a store called peebles (not sure if they are still around) and they would charge you a dime to use the restroom. there was a little thing on the door knob that you put the dime in and turned to actuate the lock. I came from a family of 6 so mom would hold the door and everyone would use the women's restroom for a dime. we were (and still are) so cheap.
For some reason, the mention of pay per use restrooms made me think about the last time I saw (and used) one of those gas pumps with the rolling wheel numbers...in Tupelo, Mississippi in 2007. Before that I hadn't seen one in quite a while.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #14
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
For some reason, the mention of pay per use restrooms made me think about the last time I saw (and used) one of those gas pumps with the rolling wheel numbers...in Tupelo, Mississippi in 2007. Before that I hadn't seen one in quite a while.

They've got a few of those still in Alaska when I stayed there about 8 years ago.
Then again, they've still got quite a few non-ethanol gas stations there too.
I think they find what works and try to stick with it.

Yeah, I got an extended warranty for piece of mind. I haven't had that in a few years.
I could really use the "Oh it's hiccuping, At least I'm not 5k in the hole already."
That car just about bankrupted me. I'm so anti-kia now it's unreal. ×_×

After getting burned you tend to avoid the heat for a while ya know?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #15
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
They've got a few of those still in Alaska when I stayed there about 8 years ago.
Then again, they've still got quite a few non-ethanol gas stations there too.
I think they find what works and try to stick with it.

Yeah, I got an extended warranty for piece of mind. I haven't had that in a few years.
I could really use the "Oh it's hiccuping, At least I'm not 5k in the hole already."
That car just about bankrupted me. I'm so anti-kia now it's unreal. ×_×

After getting burned you tend to avoid the heat for a while ya know?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #16
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
usually with warranty work, they tend to look at the problem and if the modification could have damaged the given area.

with springs, if it isn't pertaining directly to the suspension, they probably won't worry about it or hassle you about it. there again, that would be your fight to fight.

I had a truck once that had a funky rattle to it and it was after I did the intake and exhaust. it was still under the 3 yr/36k mile warranty and turned out to be a lose connector that needed a zip tie somewhere in the dash. my ears are crap so I really couldn't tell where it was coming from.

the yaris is soooooo much more fun with springs and sway bar. (it's more fun with a supercharger too but those are big numbers).

funny story (random thought)... I remember there was a gas station that would give you a free carwash token for every $10 worth of gas you bought. this was when I first started driving. I had a 1993 geo metro with an 8 gallon tank. I could not for the life of me (even with premium) put $10 worth of gas in my car. Once I got it up to like $9.50 and the guy asked why I didn't top it off. I responded "I overflowed the tank". he gave me a token out of pitty... Now I'm showing my age. I think it was either 89 or 99 cents a gallon for regular back then.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Quote:
funny story (random thought)... I remember there was a gas station that would give you a free carwash token for every $10 worth of gas you bought. this was when I first started driving. I had a 1993 geo metro with an 8 gallon tank. I could not for the life of me (even with premium) put $10 worth of gas in my car. Once I got it up to like $9.50 and the guy asked why I didn't top it off. I responded "I overflowed the tank". he gave me a token out of pitty... Now I'm showing my age. I think it was either 89 or 99 cents a gallon for regular back then.
That is funny because my first car was a Geo Metro.
It used to say it was flooded when there wasn't a drop of water anywhere in sight. Haha.
I feel a bit old myself.
I think back to the days of pre-ethanol and affordable gas.
Now a gallon of gas costs you more than a burger and glass of fizzy.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

I am going to kill this radio.

Domiani's Comfort Design commercial... That annoying voice.