Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-23-2023, 06:33 PM   #127
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
local yard has an XD and an XB1 hitting the yard soo...so if they hit while the XB2 is still in the yard i can compare those if we can verify that either of them is the same as a yaris

on a side note..since i had to pull a hub off the xb2 out there....i made a note, if someone wanted discs on a quick n dirty you could cut off the axle ends, grind em flush, get longer bolts, and just sandwich those plates into your existing axle tube..giving you 1/2inch offset and disc brakes all in one fell swoop....the hubs are just long to still locate thru the new flange and into the one still welded to your axle

now i need to find a 4x100 version to do some 14innch wheel clearance tests!!!!!!....prius's are NOT hitting my yards and i was unde rthe impression thats the only place to get the 4x100 factory discs(aside form a yaris RS which may as well not exist)
The mounting plates my friend made me is the quickest and dirtiest way for a rear disc conversion. LOL!!!
I'm sorry I could not find a 14" wheel to try and see if it'd fit, but I'm not sure that it'd be big enough. Unless the mounting holes for the caliper bracket are moved in closer to the center of the hub, probably 10mm??? But you might have to mill down the rear rotors as well to make them fit.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:51 PM   #128
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
so for the axle comparison..are you 100% sure the xb1 axle is the same as a yaris...ive only eyeballed them but my eyes are telling me they are not the same...the xb1 actualy looks more "delicate" than the yaris unit

currently in the yard neer me is an xb1, xa, xb2, and an XD pending.....no yaris
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:37 PM   #129
Neinris

Quote:
so for the axle comparison..are you 100% sure the xb1 axle is the same as a yaris...ive only eyeballed them but my eyes are telling me they are not the same...the xb1 actualy looks more "delicate" than the yaris unit

currently in the yard neer me is an xb1, xa, xb2, and an XD pending.....no yaris
I was actually asking the same thing, if the xB1 is the same as the Yaris, but I know that the xD is the same as the Yaris.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:04 AM   #130
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
I was actually asking the same thing, if the xB1 is the same as the Yaris, but I know that the xD is the same as the Yaris.
theres 2 xd's "pending" they have been racked n drained..so i just hope they get out in the yard befor the xb2 goes

ive verifyed the XB1 is NOT the same as the yaris, after looking at the echo it "might" be the same as the echo, checked the XA and it looks to also be the xb1/echo style, but again the spring pockets were different

since i have an xb1 on the lift ive compared it to the yaris and can confirm its NOT the same, tho ive not checked the measurements, its visualy different both in how the unit looks but the spring pocket size and depth...

thats not to say it couldnt be a bolt in.....

next chance i get tho im going to get out to the yard and pull the XB2 axle and atleast stash it in the XB1...and i may see if it bolts up...

im currently checking the yard every couple days waiting on the XD's...i want all the engine swap bits!!!!

yes i currently own 07 yaris, 08 xb, 06 xb.....so im kinda lookin to see what tweaks i can do to the xb1 as well.....

something of note tho..the xb1 looks to have alot of built in rear camber...if someone were looking for camber that would be a way to get it if the arms swap
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:01 PM   #131
Neinris

Quote:
theres 2 xd's "pending" they have been racked n drained..so i just hope they get out in the yard befor the xb2 goes

ive verifyed the XB1 is NOT the same as the yaris, after looking at the echo it "might" be the same as the echo, checked the XA and it looks to also be the xb1/echo style, but again the spring pockets were different

since i have an xb1 on the lift ive compared it to the yaris and can confirm its NOT the same, tho ive not checked the measurements, its visualy different both in how the unit looks but the spring pocket size and depth...

thats not to say it couldnt be a bolt in.....

next chance i get tho im going to get out to the yard and pull the XB2 axle and atleast stash it in the XB1...and i may see if it bolts up...

im currently checking the yard every couple days waiting on the XD's...i want all the engine swap bits!!!!

yes i currently own 07 yaris, 08 xb, 06 xb.....so im kinda lookin to see what tweaks i can do to the xb1 as well.....

something of note tho..the xb1 looks to have alot of built in rear camber...if someone were looking for camber that would be a way to get it if the arms swap
Thanks for all the ongoing research. I really really appreciate it, and I'm sure others who would want to know about an alternative rear axle frame for a rear disc conversion.

Please continue the hard work.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:42 PM   #132
tayxas

Drives: 2008 dailycross beater on B14s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
I was hoping to drop this comment yesterday to commemorate the two year start date of this project, but I got too busy.

Anyway, I know there's other threads out there that discusses what parts are required, etc., here's my version of what's required:
Hey Neinris, glad I found your thread. Are you willing to reproduce a set of those brackets? SE rear beams are rare and pricey. Would rather go this route.
tayxas is offline   Reply With Quote