Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Need everyones opinions on Spring/Shocks combo's please

So my shocks are dead on my car.
Please don't try selling anything to me just yet, as I plan on leaving my job as of July 4th, hate it. Got to worry more about finishing college and starting my career, so I won't have money unless the GF buys this for me. Hasn't yet obviously lol.

So as of now, I have the TRD springs. At times, I love the ride, but because the shocks are dead, every pothole or bump, is a hard impact/makes the car feel like its bouncing around. Lots os small hills/bumps and the tires feel like they are coming off the ground causing the car not to keep full traction at higher speeds(50+mph)

I live in NYC, and every road/every highway is hell. I can not take the grand central parkway with the car because its turned into hell, with severe drops and harsh impacts on every single overpass. The LIE from exits 29 to 19, also has the same problem, not as bad, just bad bumps every 50-100feet. Making another harsh impact causing the tires to jump up.

My question to everyone that has changed from a stock ride is as follows:

1) What do you think I should do; Should I get the strusts and shocks to improve the ride?
2) Should I eventually go with TRD strusts and shocks?
3)Should I eventually go with Tokico(forget the spelling) strusts and shock?
4) Should I maybe change out the springs to something else and try different strusts/shocks?
5) I am not looking for the softest ride, although after riding in BMW's and Merc's, they all seem to have VERY nice suspentions, soft on the impact, and very stiff on the turns. I wish I had that on the Yaris.

Please give me your opinions on what should be done, because Im getting sick of the ride quality and I forgot how it was when the shocks were new/either way now there are 10times the # of putholes and bumps because the city isnt fixing anything. I also don't want to end up going with TRD strusts and shocks one day if this will only cause the ride to have an even worse impact on all the bumps and potholes I was just describing, you know.

I would appreciate it, thank you all.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote