Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
xb visitor

Drives: scion xb
What real gains from supercharger?

Okay...
FYI: Before anyone calls me out for buying a slow car to begin with I did buy this car(XB) after seeing it at the L.A. auto show in 03 and TOYOTA said they were 100% for sure going to offer a turbo or supercharger for it within 1 year...Well that never happened

I don't dare drag race a Prius..Id get humiliated..lol Seriouslly they bolt away much quicker. Oh well..

It seems alot of people have used the bolt on supercharger kits..but In 10 years I don't recall anyone ever saying..oh now my car is faster than a Honda civic or a Prius or the wifes 220 Honda h.p. mini van. Ive asked before but every response on Scion forums has been along the lines of.."oh Dude" I don't race it its for looks

Seriously..To any gar head worth his salt....whats the point of installing a supercharger or Turbo..if you never have a little fun with it..so those whom have them..what are your thoughts..what can our incredibly whimpy cars run with once a supercharger is installed? Stock..I know..virtually every car built is faster..Thats no exaggeration either..but its getting a little tiring.
Does a supercharger help at all? NO TURBOS...too much work to install & removal and internal mods required..and way too much heat where I live for a daily driver.

The XB is just too cool of a looker and functional to let go.. its a keeper nothing like it before or since, exept a MINI but there 30k. Gotta admit the 1.5 liter in this car is hands down the most reliable, bulletproof,abuse friendly car Ive ever owned..
xb visitor is offline   Reply With Quote