Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #235
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
heh...the point is...unless i am missing something, the JDM computers are the same, and chances are the piggyback wont work on any of them, but who cares? a $50 adjustable fuel pressure regulater and a little skill to make the fittings to couple the aftermarket regulator to the factory fuel rail, and your problem is solved.

besides, if my math is correct, the kit puts out 6PSI...and from what I have seen, this car can adapt its fuel to compensate for that amount of boost.

lol...get less vacuum on the stock FPR and you can make the car run really rich anyway, even without a adjustable aftermarket FPR.

what you are paying for is a centrifugal supercharger and intercooler. if its a good deal buy it, if not...well...dont...
Old 03-05-2009, 03:14 AM   #236
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
The kit doesn't come with an intercooler.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #237
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
hrm...everyone is slamming on this pretty hard...i guess i dont understand the big deal about USDM vs JDM...i mean, i traced my car down to a plant and found out that the only place its made is in japan. is there a differant engine management system on the us model vs the japanese one? cause if so, why arent the HP ratings and such differant...i havent heard anything about the 1nz-fe being any differant or having a differant computer than our US junk. all the stuff is built in japan guys...same stuff here as there.

the only thing i would be concerned about is a piggyback FMU, our cars dont ussually like chips and tend to relearn any sensor readings we send it, but other than that, its a centrifugal supercharger with a belt and intercooler kit...whats so "technical" about it?

even if the piggyback FMU doesnt work, for the boost that supercharger is offering, you could get away with getting a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and have no problems...and from the sniffer tests i have seen, this car adapts to boost in the 6ish PSI range before it stops supplying enough fuel.

so, i would say, take it for what it is. its a untested kit on a USDM model, but, whats the differance???? either way, it seems like a competative price. if you want it, buy it. if you dont, why not take your big baller make 3,000 a week and craigs list get rich schemes to another more appropriate thread and let the original vendor answer questions from people that actually have the money to afford this kit. I would think the last 13 pages of commentary from the rice battalion would be enough to get your points across.

flame on.
that about sums it up.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #238
Spades
The Hated One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
The kit doesn't come with an intercooler.
sorry, oil cooler and piping. my bad, saw someone mention a intercooler somewhere in the mess of flames.

either way, what you see is what you get. if its a good deal, buy it knowing that most of the piggyback FMU's wont work with our car, but at 6psi the car should compensate, and if it doesn't...a differant FPR will make it run rich enough for that boost. either way, it is what it is. there really isnt any differance between USDM and JDM yari/vitz, so, its still back to the if you want it buy it, if not, discuss it...but flaming it or trying to get a company to stuff one on your car for free hasnt changed anything in the last 13 pages,lol.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #239
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
You probably won't have anyone debating with you. You've kinda missed the train already...
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #240
Power Enterprise Evan

**UPDATE**

Price will increase $200 due to territorial rights.....on March 18th, 2009

ABSOLUTELY NO SALES TO CANADA**********

Anyone outside the immediate So Cal area that DOES NOT go through one of PE's authorized dealers will have to include a copy of their state DL and credit card (both sides) for insurance verification that we will receive our videos, commentary, and dyno sheets. Those who fail to comply will be charged MSRP PLUS Fees for breaking contract rules....

*THIS HAS BEEN IN EFFECT, BUT IS NOW CLEARLY STATED TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS. IF YOU CANNOT COMPLY, I'M SORRY BUT WE WILL NOT SELL THE KIT TO YOU.*
Old 03-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #241
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
do you need our social security card and birth certificate also?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #242
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
do you need our social security card and birth certificate also?
urine and stool sample as well
Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #243
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
good luck
Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #244
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
heh...the point is...unless i am missing something, the JDM computers are the same, and chances are the piggyback wont work on any of them, but who cares? a $50 adjustable fuel pressure regulater and a little skill to make the fittings to couple the aftermarket regulator to the factory fuel rail, and your problem is solved.

besides, if my math is correct, the kit puts out 6PSI...and from what I have seen, this car can adapt its fuel to compensate for that amount of boost.

lol...get less vacuum on the stock FPR and you can make the car run really rich anyway, even without a adjustable aftermarket FPR.

what you are paying for is a centrifugal supercharger and intercooler. if its a good deal buy it, if not...well...dont...

FYI: Our engines use returnless fuel systems, the do not have regulators on the fuel rail, it is in the fuel tank : )
Old 03-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #245
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ correct
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #246
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
This could probably do the trick...

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/products.php?prod=32

Not as cheap as regular FPR though
Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 AM   #247
Spades
The Hated One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
FYI: Our engines use returnless fuel systems, the do not have regulators on the fuel rail, it is in the fuel tank : )

bah, foiled again! shows how much attention i have paid to my car,lol. i work on or around cars all day...i admit it...i slack off on my own car. i do maintenance, but don't bother looking at it closely unless i am planning a project.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #248
Power Enterprise Evan

lalalala
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #249
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
disappointing this didnt work out for anyone...
Old 03-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #250
Power Enterprise Evan

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
disappointing this didnt work out for anyone...

Old 03-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #251
Power Enterprise Evan

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE...

I was able to have the boss eat the $200 territorial price increase....

SOO price remains at $3100!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #252
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I'm tempted to buy the damn thing just to see if it works or not.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Closed Thread

Tags
blitz, boost, power enterprise, supercharger, turbo